seventeen ~ i never knew

Harry's POV:

Harry's POV:

     The next day, the Daily Prophet came with news of Umbitch becoming High Inquisitor leaving Cassidy to be more on edge than usual. 

     After the threat of her possibly going to Azkaban, she had been uncharacteristically quiet. She has told me a little about how scared it makes her but I don't think she enjoys being vulnerable.

     The next few days consisted of Umbridge going around classrooms and judging how well the teachers do their job which is quite hilarious considering she is the worst teacher here. 

     I also managed to earn another week of detention with Umbridge. Yay.

     Professor McGonagall checked up on Me and Cassidy last time we had detention and we told her how we got around the black quills and ended up doing regular lines. She was impressed by Cass's solution to the problem.

    "She's an awful woman," Hermione said one of the days I got back from my detention. "Awful. You know, I was just saying to Ron and Sid when you came in...We've got to do something about her."

     "I suggested poison," Ron said grimly.

     "How're you gonna make that? You can't make a decent potion to save your life," Cass remarked. Ron hit her shoulder and Cassidy laughed.

     "No... I mean, something about what a dreadful teacher she is, and how we're not going to learn any defense from her at all," said Hermione.

     "Well, what can we do about that?" Ron asked. "It's too late, isn't it? She got the job, she's here to stay, Fudge'll make sure of that"

     "Well," Hermione drawled out. "You know, I was talking to Liv and Ren today..." She glanced at me nervously. "I was thinking that- maybe the time's come when we should just- just do it ourselves."

     "Like learn from another student?" I asked, remembering what Cass said.

     "Exactly that," Cass replied.

     "Wait, this idea actually works?" Hermione exclaims.

     "Yeah."

     "Who, then?" I asked.

     "Isn't it obvious?" Hermione said. (I really hated when she said this) "I'm talking about you, Harry."

     I blinked once. twice. 

     "About me what?" I asked. 

     "She wants you to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts," Cass said.

     "Well, I was thinking that maybe you could teach too, Sid," Hermione shrugged.

     "Me?!"