twelve ~ extremely resourceful

Cassidy's POV:

Cassidy's POV:

     My mother was quite dramatic. Over the past few days, I had been reading her entries and holy shit she was head over heels for my dad.

     Multiple times, she mentions how she feels but won't do anything about it because they were best friends. 

     I laughed at the irony. 

     Closing the book, I reached for the coffee pot which let off a thin wisp of steam. 

     It was our second day at Hogwarts and we were having breakfast at the Great Hall but my mind was clouded with thoughts of my mother.

      "Hey," Harry said, drawing me away from my mind, "You okay?"

    "Yeah...I just have something on my mind."

     "Anything important?" He asked. 

     "Uh, just thinking about my mom," I answered.

     Harry reached out and put a hand over mine. I gave him a small smile to tell him I was okay before taking a sip from my mug. 

     Every single thing Harry did just proved that he knew me better than anyone. I don't know what we would've been if we didn't tell each other how we feel.

     Maybe we would have always found a way to be together. That's just what love is anyway, right?

     The rest of the day was spent in horrifying classes all beginning with lectures about the importance of the OWLS and ending with this year's coursework.

     I had detention with the Pink toad at five so in the meantime, I went to the library to try and find something that might work against Black quills. 

     Usually, I would just go to Hermione about it but she was already busying herself with studying for the OWLs.

    Plus, these quills were some form of forbidden magic, there was probably a more complex solution than a simple spell.

    The library was large and practically dark academia heaven. I loved being here but it was one of the few times I was coming here without Hermione. 

     Tall windows allowed slivers of light to enter the room where ceiling-high bookshelves littered the room. 

     I was walking through the protection charms aisle when I accidentally bumped into two girls.

    "Oh, shit," I gasped, "Sorry."

    The one I had bumped into was picking a book off a shelf. She turned my way, startled, and I noticed her dark green tie in unison with her fresh white collared shirt.