xxii.

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Happy New Year!"

Normani grabbed Ally's face and placed a soft but firm kiss on her lips. Ally laughed and wrapped her arms around Normani's neck.

"Now I haven't showered since last year," Dinah beamed, making Lauren laugh.

"Gross," Ally teased, unraveling from Normani.

"Happy New Year's!" Pat exclaimed. Everyone began hugging, all the parents and the siblings and the girls; Kehlani and Adeya even in attendance.

"I cannot wait to see what this new year is all about," Normani said, standing behind Ally with her arms over Ally's shoulders.

"Me neither, y'all are getting married," Lauren wiggled her fingers, making everyone laugh.

"I know, can't believe it," Normani blew raspberries.

"Y'all act like you've been married forever anyway, not like much will change," Kehlani shrugged, patting Adeya's back as she slept.

"Except her title and last name," Normani winked.

"Oh?" Dinah raised an eyebrow.

Ally nodded, "she's the only exception."

"To what?" Normani asked.

"Whenever we talked about marriage, Ally had always said she wanted to keep her last name, regardless of marrying a man or woman," Dinah shrugged.

"So why am I the exception?" Normani tilted her head.

"Because I love you, idiot. And I personally think Ally Hamilton sounds nice. Also my initials don't change," Ally explained, making everyone laugh.

"Love you too big head," Normani rolled her eyes.

"Let's get going, I think they're going to stay up all night and I don't want to be around when they do," Lauren gestured to their parents sitting around in a circle, talking and laughing.

"Sounds like a good idea, Adeya is pooped from all the fireworks," Kehlani said, standing to put Adeya on her shoulder.

"Thanks for coming Lani," Ally smiled.

"Oh of course, thanks for the invitation," Kehlani waved her off, "also, I have a few friends I'd like you guys to meet sometime."

"That sounds like fun! Honestly it's been the four of us since Ally and I got into this so we'd love to make more friends," Normani said.

"Awesome, I'll let them know and maybe we can set up a get together of some kind," Kehlani grinned.

"Yeah! Just let us know," Lauren nodded.

"Will do. Alright, thank you for the best way to ring in the new year, I'll see you guys later!" Kehlani waved.

"See you!"

"Sleepover?" Dinah asked giddily, turning to her four friends.

"Of course, don't we always?" Ally snorted.

"Well they're new this year," Dinah gestured to Lauren and Normani.

"Oh right, sleepover?" Ally looked at Normani, who chuckled and shook her head.

"Sure thing, Allycat, let's just go home. All of us smell like smoke and fireworks," Normani said.

"Good idea, Lauren and I are going to grab clothes, then we'll be right over," Dinah explained.