xviii.

"Babe I still don't know why you get nervous," Ally laughed, putting the freshly fried mini churros into a container.

Normani paced around the dining room entryway, shaking her hands and trying to focus on her breathing, "truthfully, I don't know why either. I think it's just the fact that it's your parents. I mean, I already know they like me but I still feel like they're judging me," Normani spoke in a rushed manner.

Ally sighed and capped the container to look at Normani. She walked over to the dark skinned girl and put her hands on her waist.

"Hey, hey, look at me," Ally demanded softly, Normani's worried eyes met Ally's, "you're working yourself up for no reason. You will be fine. And you're right about my parents liking you, in fact they love you and always want to talk about you and how you're doing. Relax," in the midst of talking, Ally raised her hands to Normani's biceps, palming them in a soothing manner.

Normani sighed and nodded, "okay," she looked down at her feet, "this happens every time."

Ally's eyebrows furrowed, "you always get this nervous whenever we go over to my parents?"

"Yeah, I don't know. I just know that I'm trying to give them the good of me more so for my comfort than anything else. I've had dreams where they've dropped their end of the eal," Normani grumbled on, fiddling with her hands.

Ally cupped Normani's chin and tilted it towards her to make Normani meet her gaze, "every side of you is good, babe. They see that, they know that. They adore you, Mani. Especially my mother. My mom is always ranting on about how you treat me right and how they're glad we made up. Sometimes she never stops talking about you," Ally chuckled lightly, "I don't think they'd ever drop their end of the deal, and even then I believe we've grown out of the deal. I seriously can't see myself with anyone other than you," Ally poked Normani's chest softly, Normani quick to nod in agreement.

"Okay, okay," Normani exhaled and shook her shoulders, "I'm sorry."

Ally shook her head, "there's nothing to apologize for. I love you," Ally offered, smiling slightly as Normani's face split into a grin.

"I love you too," Normani placed her hands on either side of Ally's face and connected their lips, making Ally laugh.

"Alright, now let's go get ready so we aren't late," Ally said, looking at the stove for time.

"Shower?" Normani asked excitedly.

"Sure," Ally chuckled. Normani clapped and dragged Ally upstairs.

+

Normani wolf whistled when Ally rejoined her in the bedroom from the coset. Ally shook her head and giggled.

"You just get more beautiful everyday," Normani said, grabbing Ally's waist when she walked by and pulled her into the space between Normani's legs. Ally smiled, looking down on Normani, who was seated on the bed.

"You're the best, I mean it," Ally pecked Normani's lips, resting her arms on Normani's shoulders.

"I can't get any better than you," Normani shrugged, making Ally laugh as she pushed her away, "now hurry up and finish getting ready so we can go."

"Okay, okay," Ally walked over to the vanity and sat down, beginning to put on makeup.

Normani was already ready, sitting in her black track pants and matching bralette. Her hair was wavy and pulled into a half up half down with the straps of her heels on loosely as she waited for Ally to finish.

"Okay, let's go," Ally smacked her lips and stood. Normani smiled, putting her phone in her pocket after aimlessly scrolling through Instagram.

The pair walked downstairs and gathered everything they needed, Normani reminding Ally about the churros, and were on their way.