xxi.

The Hernandez and Hamilton families had their Christmas party the night before Ally and Normani left for California. Normani last minute packed after the party because she had waved Ally off when the blonde told her to do it before the party, as Ally had done. When they got home Normani was upset she hadn't listened to Ally because she got to go right to bed after a shower, Normani having to stay up to pack.

Andrea drove Normani and Ally to the airport, pulling up to their airline and putting the car in park. All three got out and retrieved their luggage from the trunk.

"Thanks for driving Mom," Normani hugged her mother.

"Of course," Andrea nodded, hugging Ally after letting go of Normani, "have fun girls."

"Will do," Ally smiled.

"Take lots of pictures!" Andrea waved one last time before they disappeared around the corner.

Dinah and Lauren met them at the check-in kiosks a few minutes later, Dinah looking like she'd just rolled out of bed with slightly messy hair and a dull look on her face.

"Good morning," Normani teased with a laugh.

"Morning," Dinah grumbled as she held onto her stuffed Simba. Lauren made her the deal that she could bring the plush if Dinah would get out of bed and get ready. Lauren found it silly and cute, but it was what got the girl up.

After checking in and making it through TSA with no problems, the girls made their way over to their gate.

"I'm going to get Starbucks, does anyone want?" Normani asked, eying out the stand across the way.

"I'll come, D want anything?" Lauren turned to her girlfriend, who had her stuffed animal on her shoulder with closed eyes. Dinah shook her head and buried herself deeper into the stuffed animal. Lauren chuckled and shook her head, her girlfriend definitely wasn't a morning person.

"Als?" Normani looked at Ally, watching her yawn and hold the stuffed otter to her cheek. Ally brought the otter Normani had won her back at Galveston (it made Normani's heart swell).

"Can I have a double chocolate chip please?" Ally mumbled.

"Sure, we'll be back," Normani and Lauren walked away, beginning to talk about how excited they were.

Dinah and Lauren sat behind Normani and Ally on the plane; Lauren and Ally sitting by the windows with Dinah and Normani in the aisle.

Ally put the middle arm rest up and immediately leaned into Normani. She smiled and wrapped an arm around Ally.

"We're going to Disney," Ally said softly, holding the otter close to her chest.

"Yeah baby, Disney," Normani said, mentally freaking out at how cute and soft her fiancé was.

"G'night," Ally murmured, her hand balling Normani's shirt into a fist.

"Goodnight," Normani muttered, kissing Ally's head as the plane began to taxi. Both girls fell asleep before the plane had even gotten off the girl, Normani quickly following Ally.

= + =

Ally whimpered, scooting herself impossibly closer to Normani. It was somewhere in the middle of the flight and turbulence had gotten bad. Ally wasn't the fondest of turbulence, in fact she was terrified.

Ally's fist tightened around Normani's shirt and she dug her head into Normani's neck as the plane shook again. Normani's eyebrows furrowed, opening her eyes after rubbing them. Normani looked to her side to find Ally curled into a ball with Normani's shirt in hand.