xxv.

a/n: trigger warning

Normani finally walked through the front door after having stopped for dinner. She walked in with a plastic bag of two plates from Waffle House, as requested from Ally. Normani frowned slightly when she saw Ally sitting on the couch, staring at the blank television. Nothing in the house looked touched, just Ally's bag sitting on the coffee table. Normani set the food down next to her bag and then sat next to Ally.

They sat like that for a few moments, Normani looking at Ally while Ally stared into space. Ally turned to Normani, meeting concerned eyes.

"Thanks for grabbing dinner," Ally murmured. Normani nodded, eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"Do you want to eat?" Normani offered. Ally nodded, watching Normani reach for their food. Normani handed Ally her sandwich before bringing her waffles into her lap.

They ate in silence. Normani struggled to get used to the cast, but figured it out eventually. She also struggled with understanding what was so triggering for Ally. She recalled the mention of a dislocated shoulder, but how could that possibly have happened?

When both of them were done, Normani took the trash into the kitchen, seeing Ally walk up the stairs quietly. Normani washed her hand before quickly following, Ally opening the balcony door as Normani entered the room. Normani joined Ally out on the balcony, sitting in the seat next to her.

Normani knew better than to be impatient. Whatever it was, Normani knew it was a serious topic that Ally would talk about when she's ready. Callie bringing up Ally's past injury obviously triggered memories Ally pushed aside and seemingly forgot about. So Normani waited.

She didn't know how long they were sitting in silence, looking out into the street with a soft wind blowing occasionally. Ally finally turned to Normani with a deep sigh, Normani looking back.

"After high school, I met this guy, Will, through Tinder; which Dinah had convinced me to download. We hit it off, it was a great time. He was kind and caring with soft eyes. We began dating, he was in college at the university as well, so we obviously got a lot of chances to hang out whenever our schedules allowed. The beginning felt like a dream. We went on dates and did normal couple things, spent Christmas at my parents', then New Year's with his. Then something happened. I was learning more about the business side of the company and the inner works. He wanted to know as well, wanted to 'help me out,' as he put it. He became obsessive. I don't know how to say it, but it seemed like he almost wanted to corrupt the company from the inside out. He tried to accompany me to meetings and talked with my father a lot. When I realized his intentions, I began withholding information and it'd make him upset," Ally cleared her throat, "he obviously wasn't happy with this. I didn't want him around as much, had my father block his numbers. His obsession got to the point where he'd abuse and threaten me to get information out of me. Which is how I ended up dislocating my shoulder, he put me in an arm lock and didn't let go. It took me a lot of effort to get away from him, but I have a restraining order. He hasn't come around since that court day and Callie bringing up my dislocated shoulder played everything back."

Normani sat still, watching Ally inhale as she took in all of the information Ally gave her. Ally turned to Normani when she didn't get an immediate reaction, slightly confused but mostly worried. Normani had a blank look on her face, Ally unable to begin to even think of what Normani was thinking.

"Mani?" Ally said quietly.

"Come here," Normani whispered. Ally tilted her head but Normani beckoned her over with a wave of her injured hand.

Ally got out of her seat and moved to Normani to be pulled into her lap, arms wrapped tightly around her. Normani held Ally close and inhaled deeply once.

"People in this world amaze me," Normani began, "how someone functions or their intentions. I will never understand why someone would want to inflict pain on the person you supposedly love. That makes absolutely no sense. I get it, sometimes you're unaware, but I'm talking about abusive partners. How does one find any fun in that? Now," Normani paused, looking at Ally, "I know I wasn't in your life at the time, but man I wish I could beat this man ten times over. You are so strong and I admire you so much. There are people who'd give up after experiencing abuse because they soon believe that's all they're capable of receiving. But you, you continued forward. You didn't give up on yourself. Ally," Normani put her hands on Ally's cheeks, wiping away the blonde's tears with her thumbs, "I will never stop loving you. You are incredible and you amaze me everyday. You're strong, feisty, creative, kind, beautiful. But the fact that I love most is that you're mine. I get to wake up to you every morning and fall asleep with you every night. I love you, seriously."

Ally laughed as a sob wracked her body, wrapping her arms around Normani's neck to bury herself into Normani. Normani chuckled, rubbing Ally's back as the girl cried. After Ally calmed down, she leaned away to be level with Normani, looking her in the eye.

"I mean it every time when I say I love you. Because I do. I'd never thought," Ally chuckled, "never thought you'd be the one I'm marrying. You were the last person I'd marry. But now, now you're all I see in my future. I never knew there was a love like this, even if you drive me absolutely bonkers sometimes," Ally grabbed Normani's injured hand, both girls laughing lightly, "you are my blessing. And I thank God everyday for you."

"I love you," Normani grinned.

"I love you," Ally said softly, pressing a salty kiss to Normani's lips.

A/n: teehee hi I found a way to update

And i really love normally aren't they the cutest 🥺