v.

"So are we actually going to have a wedding or are we just signing papers?" Normani asked randomly in the middle of breakfast.

"You know, I never really thought about that. We could ask our parents," Ally suggested.

"Well, what do you want?" Normani set her fork down.

Ally stopped eating, "I don't know. First of all, I don't think I've ever put any thought into it. Second of all, the whole arranged marriage is weird."

"Okay, simpler terms. Do you want an extravagant wedding, church wedding, or pen to paper wedding?" Normani questioned, sipping her orange juice.

"I'd prefer not a pen to paper wedding?" the words sounded more like a question than a statement.

"So we can cross that off. How large do you want it to be?" asked Normani.

"I guess larger considering our family sizes," Ally continued.

"Outdoor or indoor?"

"Outdoors," Ally smiled slightly.

Normani chuckled, "so a large outdoor wedding? Perfect."

Ally's eyes widened, "wha- no! What about you? What do you want?"

"Honestly Als?" Normani cocked an eyebrow, Ally nodded, "anything you want."

"But that's not fair," Ally frowned.

"Yeah it is. You're happy and getting what you want, I'm happy seeing you happy. If it's any constellation, I'd prefer a large outside wedding too," Normani offered.

"But you deserve some input," Ally pressed.

"I'll help in some other way, maybe food or decorations or something," Normani said.

"Not decorations," Ally shook her head fervently, "you can't even shop for our house, I won't let you decorate our wedding."

Normani chuckled, "okay, understandable."

"Thank you, Mani," Ally said, sipping her own cup of orange juice.

"For what?" Normani tilted her head.

"For asking, and being you," Ally smiled slightly.

"Don't mention it babe," Normani smiled, getting up and taking her dishes to the sink. Ally's phone chimed,

Everything's finally ready! Took me
five years but I did it

Ally snickered at Dinah's dramatics and shot her a quick 'thank you' text back.

"Hey Mani?" Aly called, getting Normani's attention from the kitchen.

"What's up?" Normani turned to Ally.

"Do you want to go out with me?" Ally asked, a small blush creeping up on her cheeks.

"Is the Ally Brooke asking me out, on a date?" Normani gasped, covering her mouth with her hand, "oh what shall I do? Do I go? Do I stay?" she continued dramatically. Ally rolled her eyes, biting back a smile. Normani chuckled, "sure Als I'd love to."

"Oh phew! Didn't think I'd ever get an answer," Ally teased.

"Do you mind telling me where we're going?" Normani asked.

"Nope," Ally shook her head, "my turn to surprise you.

Normani groaned, "fine. But what am I supposed to wear?"

"A bathing suit, with clothes over of course," Ally said.

"What do you have up your sleeve?" Normani squinted at Ally.