ii.

The first night spent was a tad awkward. Normani had opted for the couch in the living room, which had been unwrapped from its plastic. While Normani was in the shower, Ally left a blanket and pillow on the couch. Overall, the two had a fairly decent sleep.

"What would you like for breakfast?" Ally asked. The two had been coexisting in the kitchen, Normani sat at the island while Ally organized cupboards.

"Anything is fine, do you want me to pick up something?" Normani suggested, putting her phone down.

"If you want," Ally shrugged.

"McDonald's okay?" Normani got up, walking away to grab the keys to her car. Ally stayed silent, waiting for Normani.

"Just a plate of pancakes and hash brown," Ally said when Normani returned to the kitchen.

"Okay, I'll be back," Normani grabbed her phone and gave Ally a quick smile before turning away, swinging her keys.

Upon Normani's return, Ally had managed to completely organize their entire kitchen, she was currently in the dining room to further decorate.

"Here you are," Normani sat the McDonald's bag on the kitchen island, "Oh I also got you a bottle of orange juice since you didn't tell me what you wanted to drink," Normani put the bottle next to the bag.

"Thanks," Ally gave her a tight lipped smile, walking into the kitchen to retrieve her breakfast as Normani sat at the island, pulling out a breakfast sandwich from her own McDonald's bag.

Ally sat next to Normani silently. Ally would look at her then look away quickly and furrowed her eyebrows. She was wondering what had happened to the bickering they were used to.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Normani said quietly, startling Ally.

"Sorry," Ally mumbled. She stood up, taking her and Normani's trash to throw away.

"What's on your mind?" Normani asked, putting her phone down again. Ally stood opposite of Normani in the kitchen, Normani still sitting on the island.

Ally shrugged, "just wondering what changed, is all. This is the most civil we've ever been without the presence of our parents."

Normani sighed, "well, I was just thinking about our whole situation last night. How we can't really change it and even if we tried we wouldn't get anywhere. So, I decided that I be a good person and grow up, be okay with coexisting until we are comfortable," Normani rested her head in her hand.

"I guess we are kind of stuck, huh?" Ally bit her lip.

"Sort of, yeah. The least we can do is make the most out of it," Normani stood up, "you're welcome to come to the mall with Lauren and I, maybe invite Dinah too."

"I'll tell Dinah," Ally said, her lips lifting a little.

"Okay, I'm going to get touched up a bit," Normani mentioned. Ally nodded and put her phone to her ear, Dinah the recipient.

"What's good?" Dinah picked up after the second ring.

"You up to go out?" Ally asked.

"To where?"

"Normani and Lauren were heading to the mall a little later and we were invited," Ally bit her nail.

"Oh, so we're going out with Normani and Lauren now?" Ally could practically hear Dinah smirking on the other side.

Ally rolled her eyes, "yes we are. I know you like Lauren anyway."

"Whoa, hey hey," Dinah began. Normani came down the steps and smiled at Ally, sitting down. Ally returned the smile. "Hello?" Dinah's voice in Ally's ear startled her.