viii.

"Morning sunshine," Normani said softly, standing on Ally's side of the bed. Ally furrowed her eyebrows.

"Five more minutes babe."

Normani laughed, "no, I am not letting my omelette get cold."

"Omelette?" Ally perked up, eyes opening.

"Yes, I made you breakfast in bed. Now sit up so you can eat," Normani said, holding the tray in her hand. Ally smiled and cooed.

"Aw this is so cute," Ally watched Normani place the tray over her lap, it standing on its own legs on either side of Ally.

"You've been cooking the past few days so I figured I'd cook today and bring it to you," Normani smiled.

"This is the best thing to wake up to, thank you," Ally puckered her lips up towards Normani. Normani chuckled and complied, leaning down to give her a quick kiss.

"I'll be back, I'm going to grab mine. You can choose whatever," Normani handed Ally the television remote and left the room.

Ally looked up at the ceiling, smiling. She turned the television on and began scrolling through Netflix. Normani joined her a few minutes later with an identical tray. She sat the tray down on the nightstand and got into bed. She then pulled the tray over her abdomen.

"When and where did you get these trays from?" Ally asked.

"I stole them from my parents a few days ago," Normani smiled sheepishly.

"You're terrible," Ally laughed.

"No, I'm intelligent. And they weren't using it anyway, they said I could take them," Normani shrugged.

"Whatever you say, honey. What is even good on Netflix now anyway?" Ally asked, turning back to the television.

"Grey's Anatomy is amazing, hands down my favorite TV show," Normani said.

"Oh I've never watched, let's watch it," Ally searched Grey's Anatomy and pressed the first season.

Normani gasped, "you've never watched Grey's?!"

Ally chuckled, "nope. Now shush I can't hear," Ally pointed to the television, eating her omelette, "oh shit this is good."

"Why thank you, it's like one of five things I actually know how to make," Normani snorted.

"I'll teach you to cook," Ally cooed, running her hand on Normani's cheek. Normani chuckled and nodded, leaning into Ally's hand.

"Yay, cooking with Ally," Normani said.

"Now hush, I'm watching," Ally swatted Normani gently. Normani rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the TV.

== + ==

They had binged the whole first season of Grey's Anatomy before deciding to get up and be productive. They invited Lauren and Dinah over but they declined and admitted they were going on a date.

"So, what are we going to do?" Normani asked as the pair walked into the kitchen.

"I have no clue," Ally opened the fridge and brought the apple juice out, pouring herself a glass.

"Do we have a pool?" Normani tilted, looking at their backyard.

"I think so? I don't really know, I haven't gone out back," Ally said, walking towards the empty space in the back of the house. She opened the sliding door and peaking outside, "we do indeed have a pool," she confirmed. The sliding doors opened to a large patio with chairs and a table. Then the patio went down into a yard and a covered pool.