CH*88 (Date Night)

Jungkook Pov:

I sit down on the chair while I look around at everyone. Tae is standing joking around with Jin and Joon while the triad are cuddling together on the couch. My eyes catch on their sparkling rings and pendants. They are truly beautiful. I am happy for them, but I can't help but feel a little left out. I take a deep breath as my eyes land on Tae again. I wonder to myself is he really serious about all of this? Does he really want me? I shake my head and smile to myself. I pull out my phone and look through my stored photos. I come to a photo of my mom and me. I haven't heard from her in a while. I wonder how her cruise is going. I hope she's having fun. I continue to look at photos and come across one I took of Tae. He is smiling so big with a sparkle in his eye. He looks so incredibly happy. I sigh as I stare at the picture. I startle when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up to see Jimin sitting down next to me.

"Hey Kooks, you okay?"

I nod as I glance over at Hobi and Suga. They are talking softly to each other and I wonder why Jimin is over here with me. I look back at him to find him watching me with a soft smile. He looks over at Tae Jin and Joon before turning back to me.

"I hope you're not second-guessing his feelings or ours because of all of this."

He holds up his hand flashing his rings. I have never been a good liar, so I just shake my head in response. He smirks at me.

"If you knew what I did you wouldn't feel that way."

"What do you mean?"

He shakes his head as he stands up and walks over to Jin pulling him into the kitchen. Tae and Joon watch them go before they both turn to look at me. I feel my cheeks flush feeling like I've been caught doing something wrong. I sit up straighter as they walk over to me. They sit down and Tae pulls me onto his lap wrapping his arms around me.

"So, are you excited for our date tonight?"

I look at him in surprise.

"I... I didn't think we were still going out. I thought we would stay here and celebrate with them. You know for their engagement."

I watch as Joon smiles while glancing over at Suga and Hobi who are still talking softly. Tae kisses my cheek and rubs my side pulling me closer to him. Joon chuckles at us.

"I think you two may need a getaway of your own. We do want to celebrate but...well we can do that tonight after you guys get back. If I remember where Tae is taking you the last place closes at nine. That's plenty of time for us to have a lovely night afterward don't you think?"

I nod looking at Tae.

"I mean I guess so. It's still early though. Did you still want to go today Tae? I mean it can wait if you want."

I watch as Tae smiles at me and shakes his head. My heart falls thinking I gave him the out he wanted.

"Nope, it absolutely cannot wait. So, will you go get ready and let me hog you to myself for a bit?"

I look down shyly as I smile at him. He makes me feel so small sometimes.

"Sure, just give me a few minutes. But don't you need to get ready too?"

"Yes, but I will grab my stuff and get ready in Joon's room. Dress comfortable we're going to be outdoors."

He kisses me softly and sets me on the couch giving Joon a smile before he joins him so Tae can get ready. My heart feels lighter at the idea of spending some time with him. There are so many new things going on around me and I'm still getting adjusted. I get up when I think he has had enough time to gather his things ready to head up. I walk into our room to find it empty. I head into the closet where everything is hung up and arranged. One side is my clothes and the other is Tae's. Comfortable clothes? I have no idea what to wear or where he is taking me. He seems to know though and apparently so does Joon. I jump as I hear a throat clear behind me. I turn around to find Jin and Jimin standing there with smiles on their faces. Jin steps forward smiling wider.