CH*23 (Surprise)

Taehyung pov:

I go to the door and pull it open to accept the room service. I fashion my face into a fake smile as I see Holly the receptionist standing there with our food cart.

"Hello again Mr. Kim. I received the confirmation your order was ready and decided to bring it up myself. Where would you like it?

"Oh, thank you. You can just leave it I'll take it from here."

To my dismay she pushes the cart into the room.

"No, its no problem. I'll just bring it over to the kitchen areas and get everything set up for you."

She then pushes the cart into the room. I look over at Jungkook and shrug my shoulders in response to his questioning look. I watch as she places the food onto the counter as well as the drinks. I look around as everyone starts to gather around the counters so we can eat. Since she has finished Holly begins to make her way towards me as I am closest to the door. I pull out my wallet so I can give her a tip.

"Thank you for setting up everything."

I turn to hand her the tip I pulled out and she grabs my hand as well as the tip. I am shocked and take a step back looking up to find Jungkook. I am surprised to back into someone who grabs my hand from hers. I look over my shoulder to see Jungkook stan ding behind me. He wraps his arm that isn't holding my hand around my waist and glares at Holly.

"As I was telling you already, I am happy with my boyfriend. You remember Jungkook don't you?"

"Oh, yes hello Mr. Jeon. It's nice to see you again. I hope you both enjoy your stay. Have a good night gentleman and let us know if there is anything else you may need."

She then walks out of the suite. I place my hands over Kook's that still sit at my waist. Giving him a much-needed squeeze while he continues to back hug me.

"Thank you. I thought she had gotten the message when I turned her down earlier."

"Tae, its ok. I'm glad I was here just now. She looked like she was ready to make you hers by any means necessary and I know you would never hit a girl."

"Hit, no. Grab gently and push out of the room yes. I am glad you're here though and I didn't have to. I would much rather this outcome. How did you know to come over here though? I last saw you by the counter."

"You guys are still new to being mates huh?"

Hoseok says, from his seat at the counter. We both turn to look at him though I am still in Kook's arms.

"He could feel your discomfort and would have been focused on you because of it."

I leaned back and looked at Kook for confirmation.

"I didn't know what it was I was feeling. I just knew Tae needed me and moved toward him. I reached your back just as she grabbed your hand. The rest was just a reaction on my part."

"Yes, if you had not been here and it had continued it would have gotten worse. Some say it can make you physically sick. Like I'm sure both Yoongs and I knew when you were moving Jimin. As I'm sure you noticed he was a little on edge when we first got here. We knew there was something but did not know what but also knew it was probably minor. We are still pretty protective of him and each other as I'm sure the two of you are as well."

"I still have a lot to learn about being a shifter and all this mate stuff is very new to me. I didn't even know there were other people like me let alone that I had a mate in the world."

"I did know about shifters as both of my parents were bears. They did bring me up with an understanding of our kind and our history, but I had no practical application other than them. When they died, I thought I would lose that connection with being able to learn more about who and what I am. I'm glad to have met you all."