{Chapter 3}

Another week passed by without anything interesting happening. The days seemed to melt together. You'd get up, go to work, head home, sleep, and then rinse and repeat. Your days were extremely predictable. You lived your life like you were on a schedule. It was dull, but you didn't mind. It kept you safe, that was what mattered.

He had memorized your schedule by now. It wasn't that hard. He liked to watch you pass by. He hadn't tried to make contact with you yet. For now, he didn't mind observing. Watching from afar was a specialty of his. Watching, listening, waiting... 

You were his favorite thing to watch. He couldn't quite explain why. You had just... entranced him. Pulled him in. He couldn't keep his eyes off of you. He couldn't stop watching you. It wasn't his fault. He couldn't help it. Something about you had kept him locked on. Since his first glance at you, he couldn't stop.

Everything about you was simply intoxicating. Even if he didn't know much about you. Everything he did know was simply stuff he'd gathered from your schedule. Watching you pass by each morning on your way to work, and watching you walk back later. Even just those small sightings of you drove him wild. 

He wouldn't call himself obsessed. Just intrigued. Watching was just a hobby. He didn't mean it in a weird way. He watched all sorts of people. It was part of his job as a hero. You know, making sure that everyone was safe. He wouldn't call it anything more than that. Not yet. Just a hobby. Just part of his job.

It wasn't something to be worried about. It hadn't gotten out of control. Even if his heart seemed to skip a beat every time he saw you. Even if seeing you was his favorite part of the day. It wasn't an obsession. It was just an interest. He was intrigued, but nothing more. That's what he'd tell himself. 

It was just people watching. Only, he'd taken interest in one person. You. He hadn't fully stalked you. Not yet, at least. Simply watched from afar. Watched as you walked by. Although, he wished he could get closer. He wanted a better view. He knew that was too risky, though. He didn't like the chance of you finding out. 

If you knew, you might be scared of him. He didn't want that. He liked things the way they were. As long as he could observe. As long as he could watch over you. Keep you safe. Yeah, that's all he was doing. Keeping you safe. He was just doing his job. It was nothing to even be concerned about.

He wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. He was just protecting you. That's what he saw it as, at least. Although, he still wanted more. He wanted to get closer. He wanted to be close to you. To talk to you. Yet, at the same time, he didn't know if he was ready for that. Just watching you gave him a thrill. 

The mere thought of being close to you... it was almost like a drug. He could practically get high on the thought. Being near you, talking to you. All of those seemed like such faraway fantasies. Little did he know, those fantasies would come true sooner than he thought. A lot sooner than he thought.

You'd been talking a lot more with Aizawa. The two of you had been growing closer. You liked it. He was a close friend, although you still longed for more than that. You would never say that to his face, but it was a little obvious. The way your cheeks would tint pink whenever you were around him. The way you'd occasionally stutter and stumble on your words.

Aizawa had noticed but hadn't mentioned it. He didn't want to embarrass you. Even if that expression on you was adorable. He wanted to be a good friend to you, respect your boundaries. Besides, he didn't want to lose your friendship. You were a good person, someone he held dearly in his heart. 

You just seemed so sweet. So innocent. Aizawa couldn't help but feel obligated to protect you. Not only because he was a hero, but also because you meant so much to him. He didn't think you were weak. Quite the opposite, actually. He knew you were strong. Just surviving proved that much.

You were incredible. Just getting through each day was an amazing feat. Aizawa was proud of you. Extremely proud of you. Especially with your being quirkless. Not that he had anything against it. He just knew that other people weren't too kind about it. Not from experience, but he'd seen it happen. Those types of people really got on his nerves.

Aizawa didn't mind spending more time with you. He liked it, actually. He wouldn't call it a crush, but he liked hanging out with you. Even just talking with you. That's why he'd gone to the cafe every day. It was more time to spend with you. More time to enjoy your presence. Being friends with you was amazing to him.

Aizawa could really ask for anything more. Just being friends was more than he could've asked for. He wouldn't call himself obsessed. Not even in the slightest. He was happy with what he had. He enjoyed your friendship. Even just that. You were a good friend, more than that, even. Though, he'd probably never admit to that.

Friendship was something Aizawa valued greatly, especially because he rarely got close to people. The people that were his friends were extremely important to him. Each friendship was something he held dear. Something he held onto. He wasn't planning on letting any of those friendships slip away from him. Especially not yours.