{Chapter 22}

{Warning: This chapter contains (poorly written) blood, gore, and strong language. Please, proceed with caution.}

When you woke up, Rena wasn't next to you anymore. As a matter of fact, she wasn't in the room at all. You got up, looking for any trace of her. There was nothing. Not a note, not her phone, just nothing. As if she'd never been there. That worried you. A lot. 

You tried to open the door, but it was locked. Go figure. Maybe Rena just had to go to the bathroom or something. Yeah. That had to be it. You went and sat down, messing with your hands nervously. She was fine, right? She had to be. You waited for ten minutes. Then twenty. Still no Rena. 

You were getting more worried. Where was Rena? The sound of an ID card being scanned snapped you out of your thoughts. You looked up, hoping it was Rena. It had to be, right? Instead, Keigo walked through the door. It wasn't even his break yet. "What's wrong, love bird? You look worried." He said, sitting next to you.

Keigo seemed concerned. "I don't know where Rena went. I-It's just got me shaken up, is all." You explained, looking at the ground. He looked down at you. "Is Rena important to you?" He asked. He seemed a little annoyed. You glanced at him for a quick second. "She's my friend. My only friend..." You said, even though you felt more than that for her. 

Keigo nodded. "I see." He responded, smirking. "Why don't you come with me? I have something to show you." He held his hand out to you. Hesitantly, you took it. Keigo stood up, leading you to the door. He walked out, turning towards the other room on the lower level. You didn't want to go in there. You didn't like that room. 

You were tempted to try and run. You didn't want to go in there. Keigo opened the door, taking you inside with him. That's when it clicked. He'd taken Rena. She was tied up to a chair, her wrists tied behind her back. Bruises littered the visible skin on her arms and legs. Blood trickled from her nose. "I didn't do too much to her. Not yet. I wanted you to be here for the fun stuff." He explained, his grip on your hand tightening slightly. 

Rena had a blindfold on. You were pretty sure she was passed out since her body was limp in the chair. Keigo gently tied you onto the chair across the table from Rena. "Just a precaution, my love. Can't have you trying anything~" He explained, looking down at you lovingly. You were confused. Why would he do this? Unless... he knew.

You struggled against your restraints. This wasn't right. Rena hadn't done anything. Keigo walked over to her, slapping her across the face. "Wake up, you useless piece of shit." He spat. She bolted up, struggling pathetically. She didn't speak. She almost seemed like she knew this was coming. 

"Don't act like you don't deserve this. You know what you did." Keigo said, grabbing Rena by the throat. She spat in his face. The fear she seemed to have before was gone. Keigo growled lowly. "You motherfucker." His grip on her tightened. She choked helplessly but didn't cry out. She wasn't even crying. 

As a matter of fact, Rena smiled. "I'll wipe that goddamn smile off of your face." Keigo stepped back a little, looking over at his cart of tools. He grabbed a hammer, twirling it in his hand. That'd do nicely. He looked back to Rena. He wasn't happy. He growled lowly. Yet, Rena didn't seem scared in the slightest. 

Rena was either fearless or stupid. It didn't really matter. Her fate was sealed either way. Keigo stepped closer to her, making sure he had a good grip on the hammer. He slammed it across her jaw, smiling. He got a sick satisfaction from it. She didn't scream. You flinched, looking away out of instinct. You didn't want to see her hurt.

Keigo hit Rena in the ribs with the hammer. You heard a sickening crack. "S-Stop it! Please, leave her alone!" You pleaded, starting to cry. He turned to look at you. "Stop? You want me to stop? You did this." He spat. That wasn't true. It couldn't be true. It wasn't your fault. "S-She didn't do anything but what you asked... please." You said, starting to get more desperate.

Keigo looked down at you. He seemed unimpressed. He grabbed Rena by the jaw, keeping his gaze on you. "She broke one of my rules. She deserves this." Keigo snarled, letting go and forcing her head back a bit. She still barely made a reaction. "Maybe I do. But I won't be ashamed for falling in love." She responded. You figured she'd be glaring at Keigo if her eyes weren't covered.

"It's not my fault you made me spend time with the most perfect person in the world. If anyone deserves this, it's you. You disgusting son of a bitch." Rena insulted. She was still struggling against the rope. "You fucking cunt. It's not our fault no one loved you enough. Stop taking out all your anger on us." She had nothing to lose. 

Rena spat in Keigo's direction again. That set him off. He looked through his tool cart, grabbing a needle. He threaded the string through it. He turned back to Rena, grabbing her jaw tightly. "I'll teach you not to run your fuckin mouth." He growled, holding the needle harshly. He forced it through her lips. She struggled, but didn't scream. She barely even cried. 

Keigo sewed Rena's lips shut. He let her go once he was finished, his harsh grip leaving bruises. You didn't want to look. It hurt you to. Rena's breathing was unsteady. You wanted to help, but you couldn't move. You struggled. You wanted to save her. She smiled, which made her bleeding lips hurt. She didn't mind dying. Even if that meant leaving her daughter behind. Her daughter would understand. She knew about Rena's situation. She knew what to do if Rena didn't return.

"You're going to pay for what you've fucking done. I'll make sure of it."