{Chapter 16}

You woke up in the same comfortable bed you had before, but this time was different. Your hair was wet, and you were wearing different clothes. That meant Keigo had bathed and dressed you. If he had done that, it would mean he saw you naked. Your face turned red as you pulled your knees up to your chest.

"Morning, little love bird," Keigo said. You flinched, whimpering softly. Keigo stood up from the chair he was sitting in, moving to the bed. "I'm not going to hurt you. No drugging, no nothing. I promise." He comforted, putting his hand on your shoulder. You trembled, not wanting him to touch you. 

Keigo frowned. "I don't want you to be alone today. I was going to take you to my agency so someone could keep you company. How does that sound?" He proposed, looking down at you with surprising gentleness. You hesitantly nodded. You didn't want to be alone. When you were alone, your thoughts ran wild. Keigo smiled softly. "I'll get you some clothes so you can get dressed, okay?" He said, getting up. You felt a little better. At least he wasn't trying to hurt anyone anymore.

After a minute or so, Keigo put clothes for you onto the edge of the bed. "I'll go so you can change, baby bird." He left, closing the door softly. Hesitantly, you got up. It didn't take very long for you to change. You left your old clothes in a pile on the edge of the bed. Keigo knocked on the door not too long after you finished. "Can I come in?" He asked. 

You looked over at the door. "Y-You can..." You muttered, your hands still shaking a little. Keigo opened the door, walking inside. He smiled when he saw you. He walked over, cupping your cheek. His touch was gentle, sincere. This was different than before. There was no harshness hidden behind it. 

"We'll fly, okay? I won't drop you, and I won't go too fast. You have my word." Keigo said, looking down at you. A soft smile crossed his face. You nodded. As long as he wouldn't hurt you. Keigo took your hand, gently leading you out of the room. "Don't try anything. I don't want to have to hurt you." His tone stayed gentle, even if his words were threatening. 

Keigo led you to the front door, taking you outside. He pulled you to his chest, picking you up. "We'll be able to catch the sunrise. It's always so beautiful from above the clouds." He mentioned, taking off. You clung to him tightly. You didn't want to fall. "Shh, relax. You'll be okay. Come on, look." He said gently, looking out. Hesitantly, you looked. A soft gasp escaped you.

It was so pretty. All the different colors as the sun rose. Keigo smiled at your expression. You looked so happy. So amazed. He let you watch the sunrise, enjoying how happy you looked. He wanted to see you happy. He continued on his way to the agency. "You'll have to stay down in the lower level. Don't worry, you won't have to be in the same room as all of... that." He explained as he flew. 

You nodded, partially distracted. Keigo gently landed once you got there. "No one's here yet. I'll walk you down, and once everyone's gone I'll take you back home. I'll come to see you on my lunch break, but I'll leave you alone during the rest of the day." He said, walking through the doors as he held you.

Keigo walked down the stairs to the lower level, using his ID card to open a separate door. This room was definitely a lot less intimidating. There was a couch, a few plush chairs, and a coffee table. A mini-fridge stood in one of the corners of the room. Keigo gently put you down. "Someone will be in here to keep you company soon." He said softly, kissing the top of your hand. 

"I'll see you during my lunch break, baby bird." Keigo left, closing the door behind him. It wasn't very long until everyone else would show up. He already knew who he was going to have to watch over you today. He just needed to wait for them to show up. Keigo walked out into the main room, sitting down at Rena's desk. He watched the clock, waiting. 

It wasn't much longer until Rena stepped into the office, her clipboard in hand as per usual. "Ah, Rena. Early, as per usual." Keigo remarked, making her flinch. She looked up. "S-Sir..." She muttered. She wasn't in trouble, right? Keigo smirked. "I've got a... special job for you today." He said, standing up. 

Rena stepped back a little. "(Y/N)'s down on the lower level. Watch them for me. And once your shift is over, head into the other room. There's a list of things you need to do." Keigo explained. Rena nodded. "I-I understand, sir." She said, taking her ID card. She started to walk away. "Not so fast," Keigo said, making Rena freeze. She trembled as she turned to look at him. 

"If I find so much as a scratch on (Y/N), you know what'll happen," Keigo warned. Rena nodded. "Yes, sir." She muttered, looking down at the floor. Keigo smiled. "You're dismissed." He said. Rena walked away, down the stairs. Her breathing was shaky. She never liked it down here. It was damp and cold. She knew what Keigo did down here. All of his dirty secrets. 

Rena scanned her ID card and hesitantly went into the room you were in. You jumped, moving back a little. "Hey, i-it's okay. I'm Rena, I-I'm Keigo's receptionist." She said softly, closing the door behind herself. She gently put her clipboard down on the coffee table. "I'm not going to hurt you, I-I promise. I'm just here t-to watch over you." She explained, sitting down. She kept her hands in her lap. 

You looked at Rena, hesitantly sitting across from her. Her hands were trembling and she kept her gaze down. "Are you okay?" You asked. She looked up, forcing a smile and nodding. "I-I'm alright." She responded, trying her best to stay calm. You looked back at the ground. "He threatened you, didn't he?" You questioned. 

"That's unimportant. I-I'm just doing my job." Rena answered. She brushed off her anxiety and unease. "What about you? What was your life like?" She asked, trying to get the subject off of herself. Rena didn't like talking about herself. She used to. Back when she had a good life. Before she started working for Keigo. When she was happy.

"My sweet little love bird.
You'll sing for me soon enough.
You haven't fallen for me yet, but you will.
Even if I need to be rough. 

You'll learn to love me, I know you will.
You don't have a choice.
You'll be mine. 
After all, it's only a matter of time."