{Chapter 21}

It'd been about a week. Keigo would take you into the agency on weekdays, and you'd go out to the park during his lunch break. Rena kept you company when he couldn't be there. Honestly, you preferred her company. Over the weekend, Keigo spent his time with you. All of his time. He slept in your room, picked out your clothes, made you food, and the like. He refused to leave you alone. 

Finally, it was the start of a new week. Keigo nuzzled into your chest, not wanting to wake up just yet. You squeaked softly, keeping your arms around him. You learned pretty quickly that he got annoyed if you weren't snuggling him when he woke up. He woke up slowly, his arms hugged around your waist. "Morning love bird." He muttered, moving to rub his eyes. 

You looked away. "M-Morning..." You responded, not wanting to get up. It was cold out there, and you were warm right here. You didn't want to be cold. Keigo got up, moving the blankets. You frowned, whining softly. "I know, baby bird. But I have to go to work." He said, picking out your clothes for the day.

Keigo put your clothes on the edge of the bed. "Rena can get you something to eat when we get there, okay? Meet me by the door." He ordered. Well, it wasn't quite an order. He spoke in a softer and kinder tone. You nodded, watching him leave. After a minute or two of debating, you got up and changed. 

You finished and made sure you looked presentable before you headed towards the door. Keigo was still in his room. You hadn't tried to snoop around the house since what happened before. Frankly, you were too scared to. You didn't want to get dropped again. Plus, he was terrifying when he was mad. 

You waited quietly, not wanting to annoy or bother Keigo in any way. A few minutes later, Keigo walked out of his room and towards the door. He ruffled your hair a little, kissing your forehead. "Are you ready to go?" He asked, looking down at you. A soft smile was present on his face. You nodded. "Mhm!" You replied.

Keigo took your hand and went outside, gently picking you up. You'd gotten more used to it over the week. He took off, holding onto you as he flew towards his agency. You watched the sunrise. You didn't think that was something you'd ever get sick of. It was always so beautiful. Keigo liked watching how amazed you looked every morning. He didn't think he'd ever get sick of seeing that look on your face.

It was only a matter of minutes before the two of you got to Keigo's agency. He put you down and held your hand as the two of you walked down to the lower level. He scanned his ID card and let you in, kissing your cheek before he left. You went and sat down, pulling your knees up to your chest. 

Like clockwork, Rena showed up after a little bit. "S-Sorry I'm late... do you need anything?" She asked, walking over. You opened your arms for a hug. She smiled softly and hugged you. This was something you did daily. It just felt so... right. You smiled, enjoying the warmth. Rena held you gently, rubbing your back comfortingly. "I missed seeing you." She muttered softly.

You nuzzled into Rena. "Me too." You replied happily. Rena smiled. "Can I get you anything? Are you hungry? Thirsty?" She asked, glancing to the minifridge in the corner. You shook your head. "Just want cuddles." You said, hugging onto her. She blushed a little. She didn't mind that. She liked holding you close. It made her happy.

"(Y/N), can I talk to you about something?" Rena asked, looking away. You looked up at her. "Sure. What's up?" You rested your head on her chest. She blushed nervously. "N-Nevermind..." She trailed off. She could tell you later. It was too risky here. You laid down, making grabby hands. Rena laid down next to you, snuggling you happily.

"It's okay. You can tell me later." You said softly, hugging onto Rena. She nodded. "Yeah... later." She confirmed. She wouldn't worry you. You were stressed enough as is. She knew she had a few more hours before Keigo would show up. She'd just enjoy the moment. Enjoy getting to stay with you. That was the best part of her day, anyway. Getting to spend time with you.

Rena smiled as she looked down at you, daydreaming a little. You were the type of person she'd always wanted. Under a different circumstance, she didn't doubt that she'd date you. She liked the thought of it. The two of you enjoying sweet dates. Laying under the sun, snuggling. Going out to the park. Going out to cafes. Just enjoying life.

But Rena knew she couldn't have that. She couldn't have you. And she was okay with that. She'd just help. That was enough. She was happy with just being able to help you. Even if she was insignificant to you. That was all Rena ever wanted. To help. Now she could. That made her happy. It made her feel useful. 

Rena sighed contently, holding you to her chest. You cuddled her happily, smiling. She was so kind and comfortable to snuggle. "You're the best, Rena." You muttered, half asleep. You couldn't help it. She made you feel so safe. You knew Keigo wouldn't be here for a long while. You had time to take a nap.

You started to drift off in Rena's hold. She pet you absentmindedly, daydreaming about the future the two of you could've had. The happiness you could've shared. It didn't take you very long to nearly fall asleep, nuzzled into Rena's chest. She snapped out of it, smiling softly. She enjoyed holding you close for a while.

Rena brushed your hair out of your face gently. She was careful to not disturb you. She knew that you had a hard time sleeping when you were near Keigo. You were on the edge of sleep. Rena looked down at you. She wished things could be different. She knew you'd been through so much. She kissed your forehead.

"I love you, (Y/N)."