{Chapter 2}

The sun shone through your window. You sighed, not wanting to get up just yet. Reluctantly, you got up and closed your blinds. "Stupid sun." You muttered, still half-asleep. You stretched, yawning. It was Saturday, so you didn't have work until a little bit later. You collapsed back into your bed, burying yourself in the blankets. Waking up could wait. 

You enjoyed your blanket's warmth, frowning when your alarm went off. You turned it off, sitting up. You took a moment to adjust before getting out of bed. Turning on the lights, you headed into your bathroom. You brushed your hair and teeth, looking at yourself in the mirror. You shot finger guns at yourself, before breaking into a fit of laughter. 

It didn't take you very long to finish getting ready. You took one last look at yourself, before getting ready to head out. You exited your apartment, almost forgetting to lock the door. "I really need to remember to do that." You laughed to yourself, making sure that it was locked. You put your keys in your pocket, starting to walk to work.

It was a surprisingly nice day. The sun was out, there were a few clouds, and it wasn't too cold. The walk was nice, scenic. It was your favorite route to take for that reason. The other routes were all just along the street. There were no interesting buildings or anything. This route, however, had piqued your interest, and you'd been taking it for quite some time now. This route just so happened to pass Hawks' agency. 

Walking past the agency always made you feel safe, and it was just a cool building to look at in general. You glanced over as you walked past. The view never got old. A smile crossed your face as you continued on your way to work. You just hoped it wasn't too busy today. Although, since it was Saturday, you assumed that it probably would be.

Throughout the day, you served all sorts of customers. Single parents, teenagers on dates, older people, pregnant women, you name it. Though, Aizawa never showed up. That was weird to you, since he usually came every day. Just a few minutes before your shift ended, the little bell on the door jingled. 

Aizawa walked in. He looked more tired than usual. "Shota! Are you doing okay?" You asked, concerned for your friend. He smiled softly when he saw you. "Yeah, I'm okay. Just didn't sleep well last night, is all." He answered. You figured that was probably true. After all, you didn't know too much about him. Only what he'd told you and what you could find on the internet. 

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Your usual?" You inquired, ready to ring it up. Surprisingly, Aizawa shook his head. "Surprise me." He replied with a smile. You smiled in return, nodding. "You've got it!" You rang him up, figuring you'd give him one of your personal favorite drinks. He paid with his card, rather than cash like normal.

Once Aizawa's drink was ready, you called him over. You'd taped a small scrap of paper with your number on it to the side of the cup. "Have a nice day!" You said cheerfully, handing him the drink. He didn't notice the scrap of paper at first. "You too, (Y/N)." He replied, before heading to leave. 

You watched Aizawa leave, getting ready to clock out. It'd been a decently busy day, but nothing too crazy. You finished up and started to walk home absentmindedly. You didn't really figure to be careful, since this was your normal route. You knew it like the back of your hand. You hummed a soft tune to yourself, walking with a bounce in your step. 

Little did you know, you'd happened to have caught someone's eye. He observed you from his office. A bird's eye view, if you will. You walked without care, continuing to hum to yourself. He watched as you walked away, taking in each of your features. You were simply... perfect. Absolutely perfect.

You continued on your way without a second thought. After all, it's not like you had noticed. There was no way you could've. You walked past that building every day, so you had no reason to suspect anything. Everything seemed normal. You got home without a problem, walking in and locking your door. You placed your keys on the counter, going over and collapsing onto your couch.

Another workday finished, and it wasn't even nightfall. The only issue was what to do now. There wasn't much to do around your apartment other than watch television or scroll through social media. All of your friends were busy today, too, so you couldn't hang out with them. You stared at the blank screen of your phone, spacing out. 

That was until the screen lit up with a notification. Your vision refocused and you read it over. It was Aizawa! You practically lit up, reading through the message. The two of you talked for a while, keeping up a casual conversation. This made you really happy. Just talking with him made you feel so much better. It eased your longing.

In a sense, it made you feel whole. You smiled as you chatted with Aizawa, not even noticing how fast time was slipping away from you. Before you knew it, it was past ten. The two of you said your goodbyes and you changed into pajamas. It wasn't that you wanted to sleep. Rather, you were extremely tired.

You got into bed, burying yourself in the soft blankets. The warmth gave you a sense of ease. The blinds were closed, so you wouldn't have to worry about the sun waking you up. You sighed contently, allowing yourself to drift off to sleep. Today had been a good day. An extremely good day.

It seemed like your life was making a change for the better. Things were going well. Everything was going right. That made you happy, extremely happy. It gave you a sense of optimism, one that you hadn't really had before. It was a nice change of pace. You could only hope that this streak of luck would continue.