Escape {Leave Ending}

"Keigo, I..." You trailed off, looking away. You didn't want to say this too harshly. "I want to leave." You stated, keeping your gaze in the opposite direction of Keigo. He nodded. He wasn't mad. "I understand. I can take you back to your apartment. One last flight, just the two of us." His tone held melancholy. He didn't want to lose you.

Keigo smiled sadly. "You don't have to. I just... I want to have those final memories, you know?" He said, tearing up. You nodded in response. "You can take me back to my apartment." You replied, putting your hand on his shoulder. He seemed to appreciate that. He gently picked you up, taking off. He flew in the direction of your apartment building.

"I respect your decision. I promise, you'll never have to see me again." Keigo mentioned, keeping his gaze forward. Suddenly, he stopped. "After all, angels don't go to hell." He looked down at you. Insanity shined in his eyes. Truly, he'd snapped when you said you wanted to leave. He'd still keep his promise, of course. He said he'd let you go.

And that's exactly what Keigo did.

He let you go. 

You started to fall, staring up at him.

He'd save you...

right?

This was a joke.

He'd catch you and then continue taking you back.

It was just one last joke.

Or was it?

You kept falling.

That was when the realization hit you.

Keigo wasn't going to save you.

No one was.

It wasn't like you could save yourself, either.

You were powerless.

You were going to die.

Because, you had been,
you always were.

Flightless~