{Chapter 11}

You whimpered softly, only fighting against Keigo more. You didn't speak after that. You were too scared to. Tears slipped down your cheeks and onto the floor. Keigo moved to holding you bridal style, keeping his gaze forward. He didn't speak. That was probably what scared you the most. He was silent, staring forward with no present emotion on his face.

Keigo walked up a few flights of stairs, reaching the door to the roof. He opened it with ease, stepping outside. It was daytime. A few clouds were scattered across the sky. Without warning, Keigo took off. You yelped quietly, clinging slightly tighter to him. He liked that. You depending on him. You clinging to him. 

You expected Keigo to stop a few feet above the roof, but that wasn't the case. He kept flying higher. Your breathing got shakier the higher you got. "Have you ever wondered what it's like to fly, baby bird?" Keigo asked. The question had come from almost nowhere. He still wasn't looking at you. His gaze remained forward. You didn't respond. 

"Have you ever wondered what it's like to fall?" Keigo's wings flapped as he stared forward, holding you in his arms. You were shaking. A few more tears fell. "I'll make you fall, baby bird. In more ways than one. I'll keep doing it until you learn." He said, his gaze finally moving down to you. You whimpered pathetically, staring up at him. He wouldn't drop you, right? A fall from this height would kill you.

Keigo smiled slightly as he looked down at you. "You're so perfect. And that scared look of yours... I love it." He mentioned. You looked down for a split second. That was a bad idea. You clung tighter to Keigo. "Don't worry, baby bird. If you don't fly, you'll fall. Everything would be over before you know it. Painless." He said, staring into your eyes. You shook your head. No. He couldn't. He wouldn't.

And yet, Keigo did. He let go of you, unclasping your arms from around his neck. He watched as you fell. The wind rushed past your ears, making it all you could hear. You were going to die. You were quirkless. There was no way for you to save yourself. The ground was getting closer. Cars drove down the street. People walked across the sidewalk. None of them would know. You would die as you'd lived. Unimportant. Unnoticed. 

You closed your eyes. Seeing was worse. Keigo said it would be painless. You only hoped he was telling the truth. Suddenly, you weren't falling anymore. You hadn't hit the ground. It was still so far away. You opened your eyes, seeing Keigo. He held you with a smile. A twisted, fucked-up smile. "Your knight in shining armor saved you again, love bird~" He said, staring down at you lovingly.

You were trembling as you clung to him tightly. You hid your face in his chest, wanting to be on the ground again. "Shh, shh. It's okay, sweetheart. I'm not going to drop you again." He comforted, landing back on the roof of his agency. He walked back down the stairs. He took you back to the room you were in originally. Gently, he put you back down. After he'd closed and locked the door, of course. You nearly fell to the ground, backing up against the wall and sitting down.

You hugged your knees up to your chest, shaking and crying. "It's alright, baby bird. I promise I won't hurt you." He said, crouching down in front of you. He wiped your tears. "You did so well. I'm proud of you." You felt sick. Your only friend who kept in touch was dead. And it was your fault. Keigo got up, walking back towards the door. "I'll get you something to drink, okay? You look like you need it." He left, closing the door softly.

Normally, you would've been searching for a way to escape. But you couldn't move. You were too scared to. You didn't want to get dropped again. You didn't want to have to hurt anyone. So, you sat there and trembled. Tears soaked parts of your clothes, but you didn't care. You just wanted to get out of there.

Keigo returned within a few minutes. He had a water bottle in his hand. He walked over, opening it for you and offering it to you. At first, you refused. "I didn't do anything to it, don't worry." He reassured, smiling softly. Hesitantly, you took it. Your hands were still shaking. "Just a few sips, that's all I ask." He said, moving back a little to give you space. Carefully, you took a sip. Nothing seemed off about it. No strange taste, no weird smell, nothing.

You drank a little more, but not more than a few sips. Keigo smiled. "Good little love bird." He praised, taking the water bottle from you. You felt... off. Keigo stayed crouched in front of you, staring at you intently. He didn't speak. He seemed a little spaced out. You shifted uncomfortably, trying to press yourself up against the wall.

Keigo cupped your cheek, gently rubbing it with his thumb. He had a soft smile on his face. You were tempted to move away but were too scared to. What if he dropped you again? So, you stayed still, trembling. Keigo still didn't speak, keeping his hand on your cheek. You felt tired. But you didn't want to sleep. You couldn't. Something bad might happen if you did.

Yet, at the same time, it was so tempting. The lull of sleep welcomed you like an old friend. You started to drift off, your eyelids drooping. Keigo smirked slightly, watching as you fell asleep. Truth be told, he had done something to your water. He needed to. He hoped you would understand. He carefully picked you up, making sure not to hurt you. You looked so peaceful when you were sleeping.

"It's time to go home, baby bird."