{Chapter 13}

Keigo cupped your cheeks with his hands. "It's okay, love bird. You'll be okay." He comforted, gently stroking your cheeks. You shied away, scared. "I'm not going to hurt you. I promise." He said, looking down at you. A soft whimper emitted from you. Keigo looked at you lovingly, smiling. 

"I have to go to work, baby bird. I'll be back. The doors are locked and the windows are sealed. Don't think of breaking the windows, either. It's bulletproof glass. If you try and escape..." Keigo trailed off, his gaze turned sadistic. "We'll have to do some more flight lessons, won't we?" You trembled pathetically. Keigo smiled.

"Be a good little baby bird while I'm gone, okay?" Keigo said, patting your head. He got up and headed towards the door, taking one last glance at you. He stared at you for a few seconds before he left. You started to break down, burying your face into the pillow. You let yourself cry, feeling your tears slowly soak the fabric. 

You didn't want to even get up. You were too scared. What if he hurt you again? What if he hurt someone you cared about? You curled up into a little ball, feeling hopeless. What were you supposed to do? He'd hurt you if you messed up. Or worse, he'd hurt someone else. You grasped at your hair, crying out in frustration. Sure, you'd wanted more in life, but nothing like this. You were happy with what you had. Why did everything have to get ruined, just when it was getting better?

Keigo walked into his agency, his gaze forward and no present emotion on his face. No one knew about what had happened there the day before except his receptionist, who was sworn to secrecy. He walked into his office without a word. Without greeting a single person. Without even a smile. 

Keigo sat down at his desk, turning his chair around to stare out the window. That's what he often did. Wait until he had work to do. He wished he could spend that free time with you, but he couldn't take you into the agency. Not during the day, at least. He stared out. He didn't mind peoplewatching. 

A knock at his door a few hours later snapped Keigo out of his thoughts. "Come in." He said absentmindedly, busy thinking about you. His receptionist walked into the room. "Hawks, sir?" She asked, holding a clipboard to her chest. Keigo turned around. "Yes, what is it Rena?" He raised an eyebrow as he looked at her.

"Present Mic and Ms. Joke are here to see you." Rena said quietly, terrified of her boss. Truth be told, Rena had always been scared of Keigo. This only gave her more reason to be. "What?! Why the hell are they here?" Keigo nearly snapped. Rena flinched, clinging to her clipboard a little tighter.

"I... I don't know, sir. I-I'm sorry." Rena said quietly, looking down at the floor. She trembled slightly, but did her best not to. "Send them in. You're dismissed." Keigo ordered, watching her leave. Rena told the two heroes that they could go inside, returning to her desk to work. A few moments later, there was another knock on Keigo's door. Present Mic and Ms. Joke walked into the room.

"Keigo. We need your help." Present Mic said, sitting down across from Keigo. Ms. Joke took the seat next to Present Mic. "With what?" Keigo asked, raising an eyebrow. He did his best to not sound upset. "Shota's missing. We want your help finding him." Ms. Joke said, worry in her tone. So, they were looking for Aizawa. Keigo suppressed a smirk. Oh, they'd find Aizawa all right. 

Keigo looked at both of them with a concerned expression. "Of course I'll help. Anything for friends." He replied, twirling a feather in his hand. Ms. Joke seemed relieved. "Thank you. It means a lot to us." She said, bowing her head slightly. Keigo smiled. "As I said, anything for friends. Do we have any info so far?" He wanted to get a good grip on what they knew. He didn't want to take any chances. 

Present Mic nodded. "We know he was supposed to meet someone later that day. We just don't know who... or where... but, we do know he was afraid of something. This meeting was supposed to be urgent." He explained. Keigo nodded, pretending to be interested. "We couldn't find his phone, or any evidence as to where he might have gone. We were hoping you might have some." Ms. Joke added, messing with her hands a little. 

Keigo nodded. "I might have some useful information. Although, we should clarify where you got yours. I know there's been a lot of sketchy info dealing going around. The villains have been trying to turn the heroes against each other." He lied. Well, partially lied. The villains were trying to turn the heroes against each other, they just weren't spreading false information. Not yet, at least. 

"A few staff members mentioned he seemed nervous today... we stopped by the cafe he normally goes to, which is where we figured out that he was supposed to be meeting that person when they got off of work." Present Mic said, his hands folded in his lap. Keigo nodded. "I see. Toga could've been disguised as an employee, but I doubt it. Your info seems legit. Well, now I can tell you what I know." Keigo noted, feeling his heart flutter a little with excitement. 

Ms. Joke nodded. "Any information you may have is appreciated." She said, looking at Keigo with an almost pleading gaze. Keigo glanced around his office. "We shouldn't talk about it here. I have reason to believe there's a spy in my agency. I can take you down to the lower level. Only I have clearance, so we can talk there." He explained, standing up. Present Mic and Ms. Joke followed. 

"Are you sure?" Present Mic asked. Keigo nodded. "It's the safest way. I wouldn't want this info getting out. The villains could go looking for Aizawa, too." He mentioned, heading for the door. Present Mic and Ms. Joke stood behind him. "Right. We wouldn't want that." She said, following after Keigo. 

The three walked down the stairs, lower into the building. Keigo pulled out an ID card, scanning it. The door unlocked with a soft click, and Keigo ushered the two inside. He closed the door behind them. It locked automatically. "Are there any lights in here, it's a little dark." Present Mic noted. Keigo smirked. "Yeah, just give me a second." He said, walking over to the light switch. As soon as he turned the lights on, there were screams.

"It's lights out for you two."