{Chapter 23}

{Warning: This chapter contains (poorly written) blood, gore, and strong language. Please, proceed with caution.}

Rena stayed mostly motionless. Her chest moved up and down as she breathed. "So, little love bird, what should I do next~?" Keigo asked, looking over to you. A chill ran down your spine. You wanted to yell at him, but you knew that'd make things worse for Rena. So, you stayed quiet. You looked away. 

Keigo stepped closer. "I asked you a question." He spat. You hesitantly looked up at him. He seemed mad. More than mad. But you didn't care. He ruined your life. He took away your happy ending. After another thirty seconds or so of silence, he walked back over to his cart of tools. He grabbed a knife, walking back over to Rena. 

Keigo carved words into Rena's visible skin. Things like 'SELFISH', 'WORTHLESS', and 'PATHETIC'. A few tears fell down Rena's cheeks. She knew she was going to die here. She'd accepted that already. But she felt bad for leaving her daughter behind. Her eight-year-old daughter. She'd go live with her godmother in the UK. Rena was happy about that much. She didn't have to worry about anything happening to her sweet little girl. 

Rena didn't bother struggling anymore. She still had one last trick up her sleeve. Keigo watched her bleed, blood coating his hands. He buried his hands in his hair, laughing a little. "This is what you wanted, isn't it? You wanted me to turn into this monster. You wanted me to become this deranged psychopath, didn't you?!" Keigo said, looking at you. Blood dripped down his face. Parts of his hair were red with blood. 

"Yeah... you wanted this. You wanted me to be so crazy about you that I'd throw away my whole life. You wanted this." Keigo ranted, letting out a breathless laugh. You were frozen in fear. You didn't want this. You didn't want any of this. "If you want crazy, sweetheart, I can show you crazy!" He snapped, grabbing the grapefruit spoon off of the cart. He turned towards Rena, untying her blindfold.

Keigo looked down at Rena with an insane smile. He pulled her blindfold off, holding onto her jaw. She winced in pain. You looked away. You felt sick. You knew what Keigo was going to do, and you didn't want to see it. Soft cries of pain escaped Rena's sealed lips, but she didn't struggle. She couldn't. Keigo's grip was too strong. 

It wasn't much longer until Rena couldn't see again. But this time, it was for a different reason. Keigo placed her eyes on the table. You couldn't look. You felt sick enough already. A pit of guilt rested in your stomach. Blood caked Rena's face. It soaked parts of her clothes. She knew she was going to die soon. She couldn't live much longer. Not like this. 

"What should I do next, love? There's so much more fun to be had." Keigo said, his hands twitching a little. It seemed like he was close to snapping, if he hadn't already. Tears ran down your face. You wished this was all just a dream. But you knew it wasn't. Rena's body was battered and bruised. Yet, the soft smile hadn't left her face. 

Keigo hated that. It made him feel like Rena was mocking him. Making fun of him. It made him want to hurt her even more. He wanted to break her. He wanted to see her smile fall. His breathing was a little heavy. He was unsteady. Close to snapping. His insanity was showing clear as day. His pure obsession.

A razor blade slipped out of Rena's pocket into her hand. She cut her restraints with little difficulty. She knew generally where Keigo was standing. There was something she'd always wanted to do. She punched Keigo in the jaw as hard as she could. He cried out in pain and stumbled back a bit. "You motherfucker." He growled, shoving her. She fell back into the chair and toppled it over, falling to the ground. 

Rena let out a muffled whimper of pain. Keigo grabbed the sledgehammer, stepping on her ribs to keep her in place. He held the hammer above his head, laughing as he brought it down on one of her arms. She screamed as her bones shattered. The sickening sound made you feel worse. 

"S-Stop! I'll kill her. I'll kill her, please. Just stop. M-Make it stop..." You begged, looking away still. Keigo looked back at you, the insane smile still covering his face. "Oh, no. She doesn't get to die. Not yet." He said, a few insane giggles escaping his lips. Yet, Rena was still smiling. That only pissed Keigo off more. He slammed the hammer down on her other arm, earning him another muffled scream.

You flinched, closing your eyes. You didn't want to see. You didn't want to have to experience this. Keigo brought the hammer down on one of Rena's legs, making the front leg of the wooden chair break. Large wooden splinters stuck into her now broken leg. She braced herself for another hit. 

"You deserve this. You deserve every bit of this. No one touches what's mine." Keigo snarled, lifting the sledgehammer above his head again. He waited a second or two, looking down at Rena. At how pathetic she looked. At how broken and mangled her body was. He forced the hammer down on her other leg, watching with a sick satisfaction. 

Keigo put the hammer down, satisfied. He walked over to the cart, grabbing a scalpel. He looked over to you, twirling the scalpel in his hand to get a good feel for it. "You want to kill her?" He asked, stepping closer to you. He undid your restraints. "Come on, then. Let's do it together~" He took your hand, gently leading you over. He leaned down in front of Rena, holding the scalpel close to her chest. He made a large incision, smiling. He held onto your wrist.

You wanted to rip away. You didn't want to do whatever Keigo was going to make you do. He pulled you onto your knees in front of Rena, easing your hand into the incision he made. It didn't take him very long to lead your hand to her heart. "Rip it out." He demanded. You tried to pull away, but Keigo held your hand in place. "Do it." He snarled.

You didn't want to do this. You felt awful. You wanted to throw up. "Do it before I force you to." Keigo growled lowly. You closed your eyes, taking a deep breath to try and steady yourself. You were shaking so bad. You tightened your grip, trying to mentally prepare yourself. You yanked your arm back, nearly throwing up just at the feeling of it. Her heart still beat once or twice when it was in your hand.

Rena didn't die. At least, not immediately. A muffled laugh escaped her lips. It slowly faded. But she didn't stop smiling. Even in death. Blood pulsed from her wounds and covered your hands. You didn't open your eyes. Your hands fell to your sides. You let go of Rena's heart, letting it fall to the floor. 

Keigo smiled, hovering behind you. "You did so well, baby bird." He said, hugging onto you from behind. You quivered in his grasp. He leaned his head on your shoulder. "I love you so much~" He purred, sighing contently. You wanted to push him away. You wanted to run. You wanted to be free from him.

"I'm so proud of you, love bird~"