{Chapter 12}

You started to wake up. Your head hurt like hell. Yet, you could tell you weren't in the same place as before. The other building had been Keigo's agency. But you were in a bed. A warm, surprisingly comfortable, bed. So, it made sense that you were somewhere else now. But where? Had someone saved you?

You snuggled into the blankets, burying your face into the pillow. You couldn't help it. It was comfy. Your head hurt a little and your wrists were bruised. But other than that, you were okay. That was when you heard Keigo. He opened the door to the room, softly humming to himself. You tensed, but pretended to still be sleeping. Keigo sat down on the edge of the bed. You could feel his gaze burning into you. 

Keigo stared silently. You got increasingly uncomfortable, shifting. "I know you're up, baby bird. Did you sleep well?" He asked, looking down at you. You curled up into a little ball, not responding. "Is something wrong, sweetheart?" He questioned, looking genuinely concerned. You sniffled, feeling tears prick at the corners of your eyes. Your friend was dead. You were kidnapped. What wasn't wrong?

"L-Leave me alone... please." You muttered, trembling a little. Keigo gently put his hand on your shoulder. "You can tell me anything, baby bird. You never act like this, so something has to be wrong." He said. You tensed. You didn't want him to touch you. "Don't play innocent. Y-You kidnapped me, and tortured my best friend, a-and-" Your breathing had sped up a little. You didn't want to remember.

"Love bird, please. I would never do that." Keigo said softly, looking down at your terrified form. You held your knees up to your chest, trying not to completely break down. "Shut up. S-Stop lying. You're a s-sick bastard. You disgust me." You insulted, just wanting to go home. Just wanting to see your parents again. Just wanting to feel safe. Keigo growled. "Y'know, love, I was offering you a second chance. But fine. I guess we have to start this relationship the hard way." 

Keigo grabbed onto you, hugging you to his chest. You struggled weakly, not wanting to be anywhere near him. "Quit struggling, or the next ones to die will be your parents." He spat. You froze with a soft whimper. "N-Not them... please." You muttered, feeling Keigo pull you closer. He smirked. "Be a good little baby bird and we won't have a problem, then." He said, loving the feeling of having you so close.

Keigo's hands were shaking a little. All of this was so exciting to him. So fun. You weren't struggling anymore, but you couldn't stop shaking. You were terrified of him. Of what he might do to you. Keigo sighed contently, his heart practically beating out of his chest. This feeling was almost overwhelming. Almost too much. "I never thought I'd get to hold you this close. I love it. I'd even go as far as to say I'm addicted to it. I'm addicted to you, baby bird." He ranted a little, his breathing getting shaky.

That only scared you more. You wanted to struggle again, but remembered what he said. "Addicted to your scent. Your touch. Your smile. Your laugh. Even the way you breathe. All of it's so... intoxicating." He remarked, his hold on you tightening a little. You whimpered. "You're my drug, baby bird." He whispered, sending a shiver down your spine. 

You laid there, trembling and crying. You wanted to be as far away from Keigo as possible. He held onto you happily, ignoring the fact that his hands were shaking. Ignoring the fact that being so close was becoming too much. He needed this. He needed you. You sniffled again, trying to quiet the sound of your crying. "What's wrong, love bird?" He asked, genuinely concerned for you. 

You didn't respond. Keigo loosened his hold a little, being more gentle. "Hey, it's okay. You're okay. You're safe." He comforted. You looked at Keigo, tears falling. "Y-You killed him..." You muttered, the realization truly setting in. Keigo's expression darkened. "He doesn't matter. You're mine. Not his." He said in a slightly harsh tone. 

"And, last time I checked, you killed him. Not me." Your eyes widened at Keigo's words. Your hands trembled. "You were holding the knife, love bird." He noted with a smirk on his face. You looked down at your hands, feeling even more guilt. "You're the murderer." He said, watching your expression. Another tear slipped down your cheek. "N-No, I..." You muttered, looking down.

Keigo watched, feeling a twisted sense of satisfaction. "You did this." He spat. You buried your hands in your hair. "No..." You trailed off, trembling. It wasn't your fault. It couldn't be your fault, right...? He did this. Keigo did this. It was his fault. Not yours. "You didn't have to kill him. I gave you another option." Keigo taunted. 

Keigo had let go of you, allowing you to curl up into a little ball. "No. It's not m-my fault. Not my fault." You muttered, rocking back and forth a little. His smirk only grew. "Your fault." He said, hovering just behind you. A sob escaped your lips. Was it your fault? It couldn't be. Sure, you had been the one holding the knife, but it'd been Keigo who'd been the driving force. Keigo had stabbed him. Not you.

You held onto yourself, your nails digging into your skin slightly. "You killed Aizawa. It's all your fault." Keigo taunted, staring at you intently. You could feel yourself shaking. You felt sick. It couldn't be your fault. It just couldn't. "You stabbed him. You killed him. All. Your. Fault." He said, watching as you got worse.

You tried to block Keigo out. He was wrong. He was lying. Not your fault. None of this was. You whimpered softly, trying to ignore the growing guilt. You wanted to go home. You wanted everything to be normal. You tried to comfort yourself the best you could. Keigo wouldn't keep you here forever, right...?

"It's all your fault, love bird. All. Your. Fault."