{Chapter 20}

Rena stayed the way she was for a while. That was until she heard the door handle move. She gently moved you out of her lap and scooted to the side. Mere seconds later, Keigo opened the door. "And what's going on here?" He asked harshly. Rena nearly flinched. She didn't look up at him. "They were asleep when I got here, s-sir. I gave them my cardigan so they wouldn't get cold." She lied, keeping her hands in her lap.

Keigo looked between the two of you, suspicious. "I see. You have work to do in the other room. Take your cardigan and leave." He ordered. Rena nodded, hesitantly standing up. She gently took her cardigan off of you and tied it around her waist for the time being. She left without another word. She didn't want to possibly get you into trouble.

Keigo sat down next to you, pulling you into his lap. Not knowing any better, you nuzzled into him. He smiled softly, brushing your hair out of your face. He took his jacket off and placed it over you. It'd keep you warm much better than Rena's cardigan. "My adorable little love bird~" He purred, watching your sleeping form.

You snuggled up under Keigo's jacket. It was warm. Although, if you were awake, you probably would've preferred Rena's cardigan. It wasn't much longer before you stirred, burying your face into Keigo's shirt. He pet you gently. You woke up slowly, tensing up once you realized that you were with Keigo and not Rena. 

"Relax, baby bird. I'm not here to hurt you." Keigo said softly, smiling. Hesitantly, you sat up. Keigo's jacket fell into your lap. "You might want to put that on. We're going out." He mentioned, standing up. You put the jacket on. It was surprisingly comfortable. You stood up, a little nervous. Keigo said that the two of you were going out. That could mean anything. 

Keigo took your hand and led you out of the room, all the way up the stairs until you got to the roof. "Hold on tight, okay?" He said, picking you up. You clung to him as he took off. He smiled softly. He wouldn't drop you. Not this time. He wanted to do something nice for you. He wanted to see you smile. 

A few minutes later, Keigo landed. "A park...?" You asked, looking around. The trees swayed in the slight breeze. Keigo gently placed you down. "I thought you needed a change of scenery." He replied, watching you look around. You hadn't been out like this in a long time. You felt the breeze brush past you, smiling softly. If Keigo got distracted, you could run. You'd have a chance. 

You squeaked as Keigo grabbed your hand again. "Come here. I want to show you something." He said, leading you away. He took you to a little clearing. Small flowers dotted the grass. "Sit down, baby bird." His tone was soft. It was kind of refreshing. You sat down, looking at how open it was. If you tried to run here, Keigo could easily catch you.

Keigo laid down, putting his head in your lap. You squeaked softly, looking down at him. He smiled. He wanted to have more times like this. Just you and him. He sighed contently, snuggling into you. Hesitantly, you moved to pet his wings. He seemed to like it, so you kept doing it. 

It didn't take very long for Keigo to fall asleep. Or, you thought he was asleep. You picked a few flowers, weaving them into a flower crown. You didn't have anything better to do. Plus, it gave you time to determine whether Keigo was asleep or not. Once you were sure, you gently moved him off of your lap. He didn't stir. 

You looked around for somewhere to run. Somewhere to escape to. You stood up, ready to run. Keigo grabbed your ankle harshly. He hadn't been sleeping. "What do you think you're doing, love bird?" He asked, his grip tightening. You tensed. You needed to think of something. Fast. "I-I was making a flower crown... I thought the flowers over there looked prettier..." You trailed off, looking to where you were going to run off to.

Keigo stood up. "Next time, talk to me before you try to go anywhere, okay?" He asked, seeming surprisingly calm and sweet. You couldn't believe he honestly believed that. "We can walk over there together." He said softly, taking your hand. This wasn't what you'd wanted. Though, at least you weren't going to get in trouble. 

Keigo walked you over to that area, sitting down in the grass. "Here, now you can use all the pretty flowers. Although, none of them are even close to being as pretty as you~" He flirted, watching you sit down next to him. You picked a few of the flowers, weaving them into the crown. You stayed quiet. At least he let you outside. 

Once you finished, you handed the flower crown to Keigo. "F-For you..." You muttered, hoping that might ease any anger he had. He smiled, putting it on. "Thank you, baby bird." He kissed your forehead, pulling you into a hug. You were shaking a little as you hesitantly hugged him back. 

"You know, you look adorable in my jacket~" Keigo whispered. You squeaked, blushing embarassedly. He chuckled, holding you to his chest. He glanced at his phone. "We have to go back soon. If you're good, we can do stuff like this more often." He said, looking down at you. A soft smile was on his face. So he wasn't mad at you. That was good. 

You forced yourself to relax a little. "I'd like that." You replied, even though it was a lie. You wanted to be as far away from Keigo as possible. Keigo smiled. "Let's enjoy what time we have left, okay?" He said softly, cupping your cheek in his hand. You nodded, wishing you could shy away from his touch.

Keigo spend the remaining time staring into your eyes, smiling contently. His phone buzzed. "Shit. We have to go back..." He stood up, lifting you to your feet. You pretended to be sad. Honestly, you were glad. You could go back to Rena. You felt safe with her. Keigo pulled you up to his chest, wrapping his arms around your waist. 

"Might want to hold on, baby bird." Keigo smirked as he took off. You wrapped your arms around his neck with a soft whimper. He flew above the clouds, looking down at you with a smile. "You're my world, sweetheart." He said, making sure you wouldn't fall. "I love you more than anything."

Keigo looked down at you, getting more entranced by the second. He leaned closer to you, connecting his lips with yours. You squeaked, noticing how his wings flapped a little faster. He broke away. "Sorry, I just... lost control." He admitted, blushing. You kissed his cheek, smiling softly. In truth, you weren't sure how to feel. How could someone who was as fucked up as Keigo act so innocent...?

"My sweet little lovebird.
You'll fall for me, one way or another."