Chapter 76

After waiting twenty minutes, a car finally stops by and I can only pray it's Jacob's but when I approach closer, I see the familiar red paint.

"Madison." He rushes out, helping me stand up.

"what the hell happened?" he asks, his face searching my emotionless expression. I've sat by the side of the road for almost half an hour and I feel numb, I can't feel the pain, I can't feel anything.

"He left me." I cry into his shoulder; my dress is dirty and ripped. Jacob nods, not asking any more questions. His strong arms cradle me against his chest, and I smell his soft perfume as soon as I'm placed n the front passenger seat. 

I sniffle a few times before Jacob finally asks me again, "What happened?" I shake my head at the words. I don't know what happened and I don't know how to answer him.

"Everything just . . spiraled," I say, my voice weak and barely there. 

I don't even know how to feel inside. What I thought was so stable is now crashing on top of me like nothing I've ever experienced and I don't have a clue as to how to feel or what happened. 

My mind feels foggy and the last thing I want to do is discuss Miles.

"Madison—"

"I don't want to talk about this, I hate him, I never want to see him again," I say, my mind traveling back to his hands and the way I miss them holding me. 

I look over at Jacobs's clean hands, they have no tattoos except for that stupid black ring on his middle finger.

"What is that ring for?" I ask, my eyes wandering around his face.

"it's nothing." He says and I shake my head.

"I'm sick of hearing that, I'm sick of hearing 'it's nothing' if it was nothing you wouldn't have it on your fingers so religiously, and neither would Miles." I bite back, but as soon as I do, I realize that Miles hasn't worn it for a while.

"You're right, and you deserve to know. The ring . . . it's a symbol of the rivalry Miles and I had."

"What rivalry?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"A rivalry that we've sworn not to talk about." He says and my stomach churns.

"Can you tell me?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Madison—"

"You can't," I say, breathing out some of the knots in my stomach.

"I will tell you, but not tonight, not like this." He says and I nod, looking up at him. We arrive back on campus and my stomach churns even more for some reason. 

I don't want to be here, I don't want to go to my old dorm and I don't want to pretend like everything is suddenly okay now that I'm here again.

"I don't want to go back," I admit and he nods.

"Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know." I breathe, the tears threatening to spill again.

"Can I stay with you?" I ask but before he can say something through his parted lips, I interrupt, "Somewhere that he won't find?" he nods and I give him a kind smile.

"Let's go to my place." He says and I smile at him.

Miles's POV

"Fuck!" I scream into the emptiness of my car. I feel like something has been ripped out of me and now that she's not here, there's only one place she could be. 

I look around the area better, hoping to find her but after a few minutes of searching it's obvious that she's long gone.

"Fucking shit." I huff, spitting onto the ground before clenching my jaw and getting back into the car. I need to get to her and I need to do it now. I turn onto the main road again and speed up to the dorms, parking harshly on the gravel.

"Hey! You can't park like that." Some guy says and I smirk before walking past him. I rush towards the dorms and knock on Chrissy's door. 

The last thing I want to do is see Chrissy but if Madison is there, I'll take my chances, the last thing I want to admit to myself is that she's with Jacob.

"Chrissy?" I ask, my voice broken. The door flings open and I look at the Chrissy standing in front of me with that smile of hers that I recognize so much. 

My eyes scan over the room, seeing no Madison.

"Why are you here?" she asks, her voice soft and inviting.

"I . . . this was a mistake," I say, hurrying away before she can stop me. I can almost feel her sad and confused eyes on my back but I don't turn around.

"Miles!" I hear her soft and familiar voice call which brings my mind back to the way I used to fuck her and the way she moaned my name so loudly. 

I shake my head, getting the memory out of my head, now thinking back it almost feels slightly disgusting. 

I knock onto Jacobs's door, feeling like a fucking cookie-selling bitch or something.

"Open the fuck up!" I yell but hear no noise inside. 

I try to open the door but it's locked. I nudge at the handle a few times before pulling it all the way and then all the way down, pulling it words me, and then finally opening it. 

Jacob's door has always been fucked up.

"Jacob!" I yell into the room but no one is there, I step inside, my eyes scanning through the room but she's nowhere and neither is he.

"Fuck." I huffed under my breath before slamming the door and heading towards my own dorm.

 She has to be somewhere and if she isn't In my dorm, I'll have to look everywhere else. I walk inside, locking the door behind me and letting out a deep breath.

"fuck!" I yell before sitting down in front of that damn window.

"You haven't been answering my texts, don't you miss me?" I hear a voice behind me and quickly turn around to see Rebecca standing right behind me.

"What the fuck?!"I yell and she rolls her eyes.

"You cuss a lot . . . it's sexy." She says, flipping her now light-brown hair behind her shoulder.

"Get the fuck out!" I yell, grabbing her by her arm.

"Don't hurt me." She says in that fake voice of hers and I let go.

"Don't you remember how we used to be? How your tongue—" she begins, licking her lips with her tongue.

"Shut the hell up Rebecca," I say, clenching my jaw and looking at her, my eyes uninterested in anything she could ever offer.

"Oh, come on, don't you want to see what's under this robe?" she asks, taking a part of that see-through blue robe off her shoulder.

"I'm not interested," I say, but she locks the door and approaches closer before her hands push at my chest and pushing me onto the bed. 

I attempt to sit up but her hands keep pushing me down before she climbs on top of me.

"Let me finish what I started at the party." She says, biting at her lip before slowly attempting to unrobe herself but before she can, my hands grab tightly around her body and I flick her over to the other side. 

I get on top and get close to her face before whispering, "Get the hell out." I look at her and she looks as if she's about to cry like a fucking pathetic bitch. 

She slips out of my hold and rushes out the door.