Chapter 14

THE WEEKEND goes by quickly and I'm back in class, yet again Miles sits next to me. It's sort of nice having him next to me although I wish it was Jacob instead.

I keep thinking about my conversation with Chrissy and why this black-clothed boy won't even buy his girlfriend flowers. As the professor begins his lecture I feel someone walk past me.

„Did I miss much?" he asks, sitting down right next to me. I gulp before shaking my head.

„No much of a talker today are you?" he asks with a slight chuckle but I ignore him. Why is he like this? He acts as if he's already forgotten about the ugly words that came out of his mouth. The teacher rambles and my mind wanders further with every word. My mind travels to Miles, the boy who wears nothing but black and refuses to buy his girlfriend flowers.

"Oh, thanks for correcting me I was just seeing if all of you were paying attention." The teacher says, disrupting my thoughts. The class starts to laugh. Miles leans in and whispers; "It was funny the first six times." I chuckle.

"you didn't even laugh those six times."

"exactly." He says and leans away.

„See you around Madison," Miles says turning to me before turning back and exiting the classroom. I decide to start my assignment since I only have a few days to turn it in and I'll need all the time I can get.

My eyes scan around the large building, trying to look for any signs of the bookstore and after what seems like twenty minutes walking around I finally find the stairs leading me to the place I'll probably spend most of my time in. 

The list of books we have to buy is too long. I start shifting from one foot to the other as the cashier scans all of my books. I hope I have enough.

"That'll be sixty-three ninety-nine." She smiles and I pay her. At least now I know where the book store is. Lost in my thoughts I bump into someone.

"Oh, sor--" I say cutting myself off.

"Hi, Madie."

"Jacob . . .?" I say quietly with a big smile.

"Yeah, I was looking for you all over campus. Want to grab Lunch, babe?"

"babe?" I say quietly and blush.

"you don't like it? I'm sorry."

"I do." I smile.

"Perfect. Let's go then . . . babe." He grabs my hand. I can't help but smile seeing all of the eyes on us. He smiles showing me his perfectly white teeth. He starts the car and it warms up in seconds. He drives faster than allowed and we arrive in mere minutes.

"You like IHOP? I thought we'd get some pancakes since it's still kind of early."

"Yes I do." my stomach growls. I didn't have time to get breakfast and this is perfect. We both order pancakes with syrup and butter on top. 

The waitress hands us our food and we smile before digging in.

"Chrissy invited us to a double date with them, I was wondering if you'd like to g-" he cuts me off and I swat his arm.

"what's your problem?" He asks and laughs.

"I'd love to g-"

"Perfect!" I jump in and we both chuckle.

"I know it's only the first week of school but I thought we could skip and do something fun?" He asks nervous of what my answer will be. Skipping a few classes won't hurt right? Miles does it all the time and so does everyone at some point . . . right?