Chapter 70

Hey guys! I'm sorry that this is a shorter chapter, I have so many other things I need to finish! Happy reading <3 <3 

Miles's POV

I smirk at the blonde at the front desk before slapping MAdiosn's ass eight in front of her.

"Is this yours?" she asks, staring at the black Lambo parked in front. Letting go of that gray Lambo isn't as hard as knowing that that hillbilly is going to find two grand in the glove compartment.

"yeah." I nod and she looks up at me with those beautiful questioning eyes.

"I got a lot of these," I smirk before clicking on the car key and opening the door for her. 

She fiddles with her fingers for a few seconds before looking at me, but I can't look back at her. I need to keep her safe.

"Can you tell me more about you?" she says, her voice calm.

"What do you want to know?" I ask, grabbing shades from the glove compartment.

"About Kentucky." She says to my surprise.

"Why would you want to know about that?" I ask, turning to her finally.

"I want to know about your childhood." She says and I smile, turning back to face the road.

"My childhood was fucked up," I explain, it's the last thing I want to talk about. 

Madison doesn't need to know about all of the fuck up things I did.

"Tell me about your mother moving." She says and I chuckle. My mom is the last thing I thought Madison would be interested in.

"There's nothing to tell. She moved a lot, she was obsessed with it."

"Why?"

"My—her husband cheated on her."

"Your dad?"

"Not anymore." I turn to her and she nods in understanding.

"My mom . . . she didn't know what to do with herself, and uh . . . I had to pay the price. She wanted change, she was so desperate for it." I chuckle at the memory.

"She cut and dyed her hair, she started teaching me to cook and she moved more times than anyone ever would."

"Is that where you learned to cook so well?" she asks a smile tugging at her full lips.

"Yeah."

"Where did you move to?"

"She took me all over Kentucky, once we uh, we even moved into the neighbor's house across the street, it was insane."

"Why do you care about this shit anyway?" I ask, harsher than intended.

"I want to know . . . I want to know about you." She says and I clench my jaw before parking in front of a gas station. She smiles and enters the gas station while I fill the car with fuel.

"Fucking shit!" I yell, kicking at the stupid fuel box.

Madison's POV

I walk over to the snack aisle and my heart starts to slightly pound, the memory of seeing Hayden last time can't escape my mind.

"Excuse me miss." A woman says and I jump.

"Sorry." I smile awkwardly before grabbing a few bags of chips and a large bottle of soda.

"You ready to go, babe?" Miles's voice rings behind me and I turn around.

"Yeah." I smile, biting at my lip. Miles grabs the stuff in my hands and pays for our food.

"How much further?" I ask as we sit down in the car, my mind traveling back to Jace and the car he fixed just for me.

"Not much further, we'll be there tonight." He says and I nod. I look down at my feet only to notice something peeking from under my car seat.

"What is this?" I ask, picking up the black book, my fingers tempted to look through the pages.

"Don't!" he says and I almost drop the book. I giggle and part my lips, "Is it your diary or something?" I smile and he rolls his eyes.

"No, uh, you can open it if you want to, but I'd rather you not." He says and I nod at him.

"ThenI don't want to." I smile at him and place the book back under my seat.

"Your turn, tell me about your mom, what happened?" he asks to my surprise and I smile at him even though his eyes are fixed on the road.

"My dad left us and she tried her best to keep everything together, bringing me to Jace's house every day, while she sat at home, thinking about what had happened," I say, my smile disappearing at the memory.

"Jace's parents dropped me off back home and she had ripped out every picture of him out of our photo albums. She told me that he wasn't a part of us anymore but as I got older, I couldn't find a single picture of him and whenever I tried to find the ripped pieces, I couldn't." I explain and his hand travels to rest on my thigh.

"I'm sorry." He says and my heart flutters.