Chapter 60

I'm so sorry that this chapter is so short, posting every day for a week is a huge commitment when I'm super busy!! anyway, enjoy guys!!! EEKKKK  I can't wait for you guys to read everything!! Also, don't forget to let me know what you guys think!!

The music blasts as soon as I approach the house which makes me regret coming. My black denim jacket is wet from the rain outside and all I want to do is go home. Why did I even come here? 

My feet take me to the kitchen where I slowly pour myself a drink. I feel like I need to be doing something, just standing there feels so out of place. A guy walks past me, raising his eyebrows at me. My stomach turns and I wish I had gone with Miles, because finding him in this crowded place will be impossible, but I need Miles's side. 

I can't judge him as I did before. Before I thought he wasn't capable of showing affection but now that he's with me, he's different. He's almost like a different person and I can't judge him, not even when it comes to hurting Jacob. I need to hear his side instead of judging the dark boy that I see everywhere.

"And fuck you!" I hear a girl shout before throwing her red cup at me. I'm thankful that it's water and not alcohol that is now running down my face and ruining my makeup.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" she rushes over with a napkin but it doesn't help.

"It's okay." I smile before slowly walking up the stairs, trying my best to wipe my under eyes. The stairs seem the be the only thing that isn't crowded along with the second floor.

"Girl! You can't go up there, there's a bathroom upstairs." A black-haired girl informs me and I nod. She leaves and I rush up the stairs before anyone else can see me. I don't want to be one of the puppets Miles has trained to stay downstairs. 

The bathroom is bigger than I remember and I lock the door before exhaling deeply and taking a look into the mirror. 

Nothing but colognes, shaving foam, and razors rest in the cabinets and I can't find anything other than a small towel to take off my makeup with. After rinsing everything off and putting my soaking jacket in the dryer, I finally open the door.

"Miles!" I hear as I attempt to approach the stairs. 

My ears perk up and I hear muffled voices in Miles's bedroom. I gulp, hoping that what I have swimming around in my head isn't true. 

My heart already feels like it's aching. I look down at my feet as they walk slowly up to the bedroom, it feels like I'm walking towards the door forever. Seconds feel like minutes and I don't hear anything except the loud thumping of my pulse.

"Oh Miles!" I hear and this time I can tell that it's a soft voice—a girl's voice. My fingers grab the door handle and with all of the strength I have in me, I open the door slowly to reveal Miles sitting on the edge of his bed. 

His feet barely touch the ground and his hands grip the bed tightly. A blonde girl is on top of him with her short curly blonde hair dangling and her hand gripping at his shirt. She's barely wearing anything and the way she's stroking his hair makes my stomach churn.

"M . . . Miles." My lips tremble and his eyes look into mine.

"Madison." He says and pushes her off him before chasing after me but it's too late, I'm already on the run again into the pouring rain.

"Madison, please!" Miles shouts through the darkness in the night but I don't want to hear his voice, I don't want to hear anything he's saying. 

I can't believe I was this stupid, this exactly what happened to Chrissy and now it's happening to me. I want to cry, but I can't gather enough strength to allow myself to feel upset. I should have expected this.

"Need a ride?" A girl asks from a dark blue car. I look at Miles one more time before nodding and jumping in the car. Miles runs towards the car but he's too late.