lv: christmas

It's my last day in this apartment. I look around the packed boxes, taking in how I've lived here ever since I graduated from Columbia. The day seems long back, but it's just been a couple of years.

All the boxes aren't mine, some belong to Nick. Audran's supposed to come back this afternoon to collect some of his stuff because we have to vacate the place by tonight. Our apartment is unsettled as it is so we didn't have space for Nick's stuff who went back home with Myra couple of days back. Audran offered to help him out.

Blake and I wanted to start the New Years in our own place. It seems weird to think about it, to think that I'm grown up enough, or have a stable enough relationship to be able to move in with my boyfriend.

We found a place after a lot of looking around. A lot of it. Two weeks, and all we did during my lunch break or after office was look at one place or another. Some genuinely were as good as his studio apartment, and some had one issue or another.

But then we found a place in Brooklyn Heights itself, just five minutes away from this place. It seemed perfect almost instantly. There was one bedroom, a kitchen attached living room space and a laundry closet, which felt like more than enough for the two of us. I have never shared a room with someone, ever. I have shared an apartment, but even back in college days, I had a separate dorm room. This, however, is different.

I'm a little nervous about the changes, but rather in an excited manner.

A content sigh leaves me as I sip on the coffee, leaning against the kitchen counter. Just as I put the empty cup in the sink, two pair of arms wrap around my belly, pulling me into a comfortable warm body.

"Hey, sleepyhead." I tilt my head back to kiss his jaw as he lets out a yawn in my face. "Morning breath, jackass!"

"Mm, how are you so sweet?" He mumbles, leaning in to kiss me just to annoy me further.

I pull away from him, grinning as he scowls at me. "It's all about the charm, babe."

He's wearing a pair of sweats but he's very, very shirtless. I have to resist reaching out to roam my hands on his chest. He arches a knowing eyebrow as a playful grin takes over his features.

"Those shorts are extremely short." He points out and I look down at my very short-shorts that barely cover my ass.

"And your point is?" I smile at him, aware that it's driving him crazy since last night. But these are extremely comfortable and very loose.

"I like it." He smirks, stepping closer to me and I try to hold back my snicker.

"We aren't having sex, Blake." I flick at his forehead, immediately making him scowl.

"Why?"

"Because you go super wild and don't realise where all you leave the marks. We have to meet our families tonight, remember?" I very subtly remind him.

"I thought you liked me being wild." He juts out his lower lip as he comes to stand in front of me. I feel him rub his erection against my sides, sending a strong sensation right to my core.

"Love it. Absolutely love it, but there are some places where I can't reach to apply make up, like the back of my neck." I remind him, but my body only gives into his as his hands go to the waistband of my shorts.