xxxvii: photograph

"Say cheeeeseee!"

I wake up with a gasp, realising that Blake's arm is around my waist and he's still sleeping. I wonder how the hell does this guy sleep like this without giving a care in the world. My eyes move to the voice that interrupted my beauty sleep and I see Myra standing by my bedside, grinning.

"What the hell?" I whisper at them.

They just continue to grin in response, flashing their phone in front of my face. I have to squint my eyes to see the screen and realise that it's a photograph of Blake and I. I'm about to snatch it away to delete it but Myra is quick enough to retract their hand in time.

"I knew things between the two of you weren't over, now I got proof." They smile, glancing at the screen before turning to me. "But you look so adorable, oh my god!"

"Myra!" I hiss, trying to sit up in the bed but Blake's tight grasp holds me down. "That photo is without consent!"

They immediately frown at me before I feel a little movement behind me. Blake takes his sweet time in opening his eyes before they land on me and a smile takes over his features.

"Morning."

His smile seems contagious because I smile back at him. "Morning, sleeping beauty. Do you realise we aren't alone?"

He frowns but then he looks at Myra. "Oh, hey! What are you doing here?"

"Does he not care or what?" Myra looks at me in confusion and I hold in my chuckle.

"We've been here before, give him a few minutes. His sleepy brain takes time to process things."

"What?" Blake scowls at us and I count back to ten in my head by the end of which his eyes widen. "Shit."

"There he is." I laugh, leaning over to kiss his cheek because of how adorable he is. "Did you forget to lock the door last night?"

He shakes his head. "I'm sure I locked it."

"It was open." Myra comments, catching our attention.

That's when I remember, it was me! I forgot to lock the door when I woke up in the middle of the night to go pee.

"Never mind, it was me." I roll my eyes before sitting up a little and Blake does the same, except he's shirtless.

"Don't tell Sara or Audran," Blake tells them, running a hand through his hair. "Where's Nick?"

"He's making breakfast. That's why I came to wake Emily but then..." They shrug, gesturing at the two of us. "I'll be outside, alright?"

We both nod at them. After they leave, I notice that Blake is yawning, his eyes still filled with lack of sleep. He looks at me with a small smile on his face.

"Is it bothersome they know?" He asks and I just shrug.

"As long as no one's gossiping, it's fine." I mumble. "Although I should tell Sam and Olivia. It doesn't sound fair to them, especially with the level of trust we share."

"I've never had an issue with it. It's just sex, seriously. People need to stop making a big deal out of it." He mutters under his breath before getting out of the bed but his words stay with me.

He isn't wrong but it still leaves an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. Every day that I spend with Blake, I realise how different he is than the image I had of him. He's still the same flirt except I've realised he doesn't flirt with everyone. The last part has been assuring for some reason.

I follow behind him to the bathroom and pick up my toothbrush when I realise that he already has the spare one in his hand. I try not to overthink or stare at him as we brush our teeth together. After he's done, I clean up but he just smiles at my reflection in the mirror.