xxx: peace offering

I observe how peaceful he looks when he sleeps. There's something about Blake's face that makes him look so undeniably handsome. I've been with a couple of guys before, but nothing tops these gorgeous features.

"You're staring." He whispers, almost making me jump because I thought he was sleeping.

"Observing." I scowl at him as he opens his eyes to meet mine.

A smile takes over his features, his dimples coming to sight and I swear it makes my stomach flutter. I reach my hand out trace his lips and he bites the pad of my finger.

It's strange how comfortable I feel waking up next to him for the first time. But then, it could be because I freaked out and ran away yesterday. I have taken my time to make my peace with it.

"Sleep well?" I ask, retracting my finger.

"The best." He grins, his hand coming around my waist as he pulls me closer. "Did you?"

I nod, because surprisingly, I did. I had already informed Ohana that I would be staying out and not to tell our parents. She immediately agreed because the girl hardly ever gets a room to herself. I know it's only a matter of time before the last guest room in our house is turned into her or Odion's room. They must be sick of the twin beds by now.

"I'm going to have to sneak out from your friends." I groan, but my misery only amuses him. "It's not funny."

"Kinda is." He shrugs as I sit up. "You know Nick's going to find out sooner or later, right?"

"Later is fine with me." I tie my hair up in a bun and his eyes move down to the t-shirt I'm wearing. I clear my throat, catching his attention which only earns me a grin in return. I shake my head at him. "I might, might go back with you guys. I can't stand my Mom right now."

"You'll have to talk to her at some point." He reminds me as I get out of the bed. "Don't pout, I'm just saying."

"I know. But I don't want to think about it right now." I wave it off. The last thing I want is to have heart to heart after waking up. "Are you going to surf with everyone today?"

He nods as I start picking up my clothes from the floor. "You won't be coming?"

"I'm going to hang with Brian and Steve before they leave."

He nods and I remove his t-shirt that I'm wearing before changing into my clothes from last night. He stays in bed as he stares at me get myself together. Normally, I would've found it unnerving but nothing about this situation with Blake is normal. I'm really getting used to it quickly.

I never thought there would be a day Blake and I would be friends with benefits, but that's what happens when you mix pleasure with comfort and warmth. I pick up his t-shirt and throw it at him, making him scowl at me.

"What?"

"I'm not ninja, babe. You're going to have to help me sneak out."

He rolls his eyes before getting up in just his boxers and putting on his t-shirt. "Do you have a cover up story if you get caught?"

"Yes, that we were talking and didn't realise when we dozed off." I narrow my eyes at his hair. "Come here, you have crazy case of sex hair."

"No one, literally none of my friends would buy that." He laughs as I run a hand through his hair. I pull him towards myself and kiss him, giving my mind a reminder as to why this is worth going against every rule I have.

"Think of a reason then, and it better be good." I move to open the door and look back at him. "See if it's clear."

He peeks out before turning to me. "It's awfully quiet. I think everyone's sleeping."