xxxi: questions

My feet taps against the floor as I type on the laptop, feeling his gaze on me. Earlier, it would've annoyed me but right now, it's just making me press my thighs together. This is ridiculous.

I haven't seen him in two days and I'm losing my patience. He didn't come for internship yesterday because he had to go back to campus, or that's what he said. I think he was at his place sleeping to get the tiredness of the trip out of the way.

Genesis and I saw each other briefly for five minutes yesterday but barely got to talk. She has been extremely busy with this new conference which is being arranged at an international level of our company. It's a pretty big deal, and that's why today I'm bombarded with work.

"You've got to stop fidgeting." Blake whispers to me, his eyes dead set on my face.

His words cause me to frown at him. "What?"

"I can feel it too, you know?" His hand comes around mine, his thumb brushing against my knuckles, making me hold onto my breath. "Relax, Emma."

I narrow my eyes at him, retracting my hand away as I lean in a little to speak. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

My words only make an annoying grin appear on his face as he relaxes back in his chair before focusing back on his work but I can still see that stupid dimple of his. He shouldn't affect me like this, or even if he is, he shouldn't be aware about it.

I let out a huff before crossing my legs. He isn't wrong though, I've got to relax. It's just an hour past lunchtime and I need to keep myself together. I distract myself with the work like I've been doing so since the morning.

"Hey, did you talk to Eric about mock session?" Blake asks me after half an hour.

Oh, good. Some work related talk. I can manage that over his antics anytime. I shake my head at him. "I forgot. I'll go talk to him after I'm done with this, alright?"

"Thanks. I finish the internship in another couple of weeks, so just keep that in mind."

I nod, avoiding his gaze. I had forgotten that his term for internship was ending with the company. He has finals after that and a project report submission regarding his work here. I've been there, I know it all. I don't want to think about how it will be once I wouldn't have him around here.

After I'm done wrapping the work, I make my way to Eric's office. He's on a call so asks me to take a seat and wait. When he's done, he turns to me.

"Yes, Ms. McCall, how can I help you?" He mocks the formality, making me smile a little.

"You know Blake?" I ask and he nods, gesturing for me to continue. "He wants to hold a training session."

"Isn't he just an intern?" Eric frowns, looking a little confused.

"He is. But he's really good. I mailed you his performance report, check it. Plus, he's really eager to learn." I explain. He opens his mail to check the file I mailed to him before turning to me.

"Mm, that's good. But if we give him this opportunity, the rest three are in line as well. Can't be biased, right?" He gives me a knowing look.

"Yeah." I nod, understanding his point. "Would it be so bad if we do it, though? If they're interested in trainings, shouldn't they have an opportunity to explore?"

"It doesn't sound bad. Give me time to discuss it with Genesis and others, alright?"

"Of course." I smile at him. "I just wanted to discuss it with you. I think their term is ending in a couple of weeks, so keep that in mind, please."