xxxv: training

"Oh, c'mon, Em! You still can't be mad that I mistakingly told Blake," Olivia speaks as I glare at her during the lunch break. "It has been days since you got to know."

"Do you know how things work between us?" I sneer at her. "He wouldn't shut up about it. I've actually been trying to avoid him."

I miss out the part where it has cost me a no-sex week. Blake cannot stop smirking every time we're discussing something non-work related because I know exactly where his head is at. 

"What did you tell him again?" Sam pipes in after he's done making out with his food. "Have you tried these noodles, guys? It's so amazing."

And, we lost him again.

"I told him he's the best she's ever had."

"Oh." Sam shakes his head, snickering. "You never tell a guy that."

"See!" I slap her shoulder with the back of my hand. "It's a rule."

Olivia rolls her eyes dramatically. "Stop overreacting. I was drunk! Didn't Nick tell you you're the best he's ever had? You're both equals."

"Shit, seriously?" Sam chuckles. "What the hell did the two of you do which made it the best? I got a date this weekend, and I can definitely use some tips."

I glower at him but don't respond. It's not as much about the label of best. It's just... with Blake, there's so much rush, passion and desire following our every move. He knows where to touch me that would drive me to the edge, and somehow, I've been able to figure out exactly what drives him crazy as well. I can't believe I'm daydreaming about having sex with Blake. I need to get a grip on myself.

We're almost done with the lunch when I see Genesis approaching me with a smile on her face. She nods politely and smiles wonderfully at my friends before turning to me. I try not to let my thoughts overwhelm me when she takes a step closer to me.

"I haven't seen you in so long." She whispers.

My brows furrow together in utmost confusion as I give her a quizzical look. "What?"

"It's been a while. How about dinner tonight?"

Olivia and Sam have stepped back a little and I can hear them murmuring amongst themselves as I try to wrap my head around what Genesis is talking about. Did she hit her head somewhere?

"Have you forgotten that we're done?" I whisper yell at her, ensuring to keep my expressions straight to avoid attention in the lunchroom.

"You can't still be mad about the conversation that day, Emily." She rolls her eyes, her hand coming near mine before I jerk it away. "Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously, Genesis. I'm done with you, for real. The only relationship we share is that of a boss and an employee." I snap at her before moving away.

"Emily." I hear her speak through gritted teeth as she takes ahold of my wrist. "Don't be dramatic, you'll regret it, trust me. What we have doesn't come easily."

I scoff at her words. Yes, it doesn't come easily at all. It comes with a lot of constant thoughts that make me question my self-worth.

"You aren't worth the pain, Gen." I give her a small smile before walking away.

"What the fuck was that?" I hear Olivia whisper beside me.

"Are you okay?" Sam asks me and I nod, sighing.

"We ended things, or I did. It's done with." I shrug and immediately feel a pull on my sleeve that holds me back. Olivia is staring at me with a small smile on her face but then I feel Sam wrapping his arms around me from the back. "What?"