Fourteen.

"Hi, my name is [First, Last], I'm the owner of this bakery. Let's sit down here, shall we?" [Name] motioned to one of the tables in her café, allowing the beautiful brunette woman to sit across from her. The woman wore a thin curve-hugging sweater, dark wash jeans, and a bright flower in her ear. Aphelandra was running the café as they sat in the farthest chair from the till, allowing the two some privacy.

She ran through some important questions such as availability, experience with cash, customer service and (of course) baking. Viola had answered everything perfectly, and [Name] could feel herself growing more and more thankful for Law's reference.

"So Viola, I guess the only remaining question I have is why you chose to apply here? You don't have any baking experience, but you have a lot of history in sales. I'm just curious as to why you chose to apply to a café rather than something in retail?"

The mature woman shifted in her seat, her painted lips falling into a soft smile. Her voice dropped to a softer tone, as if worried the other customers might hear what she was about to say. "I was informed that Law informed you of my past records?" [Name] was unfazed as she nodded, allowing Viola to take the time to assess her, confused. "Well, not many people trust an ex-convict... No one trusts a former con-artist to deal with merchandise."

[Name] silently examined the woman, her pupils locked with Viola's; neither female backed down. Mind finally made up, she suddenly closed her notebook, smiling.

"Luckily for you, you had a glowing recommendation, and I feel like I can trust you regardless of your past!" The honesty in her words took Viola off guard, colour reaching her cheeks as [Name] grinned. Seeing her like that, so happy and trusting, Viola couldn't help but be reminded of Rebecca. "So! How soon can you start?"

< Present Time>

Law used his devil fruit powers- which further fuelled the thought that [Name] had truly never known the real Law- to leave, and she would never forget the pained look in his eyes as he did. It hurt. It hurt to feel this pain, too, to feel like she'd been betrayed all over again. It hurt more than she would have ever expected, and for the first time in the two years she'd known the doctor, she wondered if perhaps she'd grown stronger feelings than just friendship.

Had he been more than just a friend?

Regardless, she would never trust him again. How could she? He was going to ruin her life.... And for what?

She took in a shaky breath, suddenly aware of Doffy's presence; in her heated moment with Law she'd completely forgotten the man behind her. Exhale. Her voice broke anyways as she whispered, "are you happy now?"

She didn't turn around. Instead she stared at the spot between her living room and open kitchen, where Law once stood.

The smile could be heard in his voice as he practically purred, "very."

Oh, how she wished she could force that smugness from his face. Instead, she slowly walked forward, only a minor limp to her step, as she made her way to the kitchen. No longer feeling the burning of tears in her throat, she was finally able to look over at Doffy, who made himself comfortable on the chair she was previously sitting on. "Alcohol?"

The large man didn't hide his surprise as he looked at her, examining the dull expression on her face. She pulled out a bottle of wine, setting a single glass on the counter. Popping the cork out of the top, she poured a large amount for herself. She cocked a brow at the silent man, whose smirk slowly began to form.

"I thought you hated me," he mused.

"I do. But we have to talk business, and I'm sure as hell drinking tonight. So, what will you have?"