Fifteen.

Fifteen

The next morning [Name] felt like shit, and she doubted it was entirely from the alcohol. She woke up to the sun shining on her face, and a half moment of panic sent her rolling off the couch, body landing harshly on the hardwood flooring.

"Wha!"

She slowly looked around, eyes taking in her ceiling, then the items hanging on the walls, to the familiar couch beside her left side. Despite the rock in her stomach, she smiled, breathing in the familiar scent of home. "Thank god it wasn't a dream..." That peaceful moment only lasted a minute as she slowly recalled the night's events. Panicked, she suddenly sat up, her stomach growing unsettled as she looked around for the large blonde.

But her apartment was empty. Quiet.

Her eyes landed on the two used glasses on her coffee table; one wine glass and one crystal cup. "So it really wasn't a dream."

....

"Oh my god!" Face red, [Name] recalled her drunken words to the (who she now assumed was) blonde mafia boss, and promptly hid her face in the couch cushions. "nooooo.... Why did I ask him that?!" She spent more time than she should have groaning into the cushions, refusing to lift her head.

Luckily her depressing thoughts of Law and Viola were enough to end her embarrassment. Slowly pushing herself to stand, [Name] made her way to the bathroom, in dire need of a shower.

She took her time getting ready, putting effort into her hair and make-up, before she got dressed to go down to work in her café. The scent of fresh pastries and coffee wafted up at some point, so she knew someone had opened her café, hence her desire to take her time. She doubted that Rebecca had done it all on her own, and because Aphelandra couldn't bake, she knew only one other person could be working.

Someone who should have been fired.

[Name] opened her phone and frowned, half expecting to see an apology from one of them. Her chest ached for a moment; the realization not completely soaked in yet. That two of her closest friends had been lying, attempting to get intel for Smoker. What [Name] found instead was a text from Ace- a response to a message she had sent the night before.

[Tuesday, 9:40 pm]

Ace: Sure pal, here's his number ***-***-****. Having staffing issues? I know some other idiots who could probably help you out.

The short message made her feel a little less hollow, knowing she wasn't completely alone. A gentle smile forming, she clicked on the number. It only ringed two times before someone frantically answered.

<<< >>>

Her expression stoic, [Name] slowly made her way down the stairs, crutch under her arm. She wasn't expecting the confrontation to happen so quickly, but as she stepped down the stairs she came to face Viola, who was taking some pastries out of the oven. She could hear Rebecca talking to customers in the front, allowing the two older females to have some privacy in the back. [Name] stilled as she stood by the stairs, staring at the woman.

Viola's curly hair was pulled into a lower ponytail, and her make-up was as perfect as ever; the composed appearance reignited the anger [Name] had earlier felt. She had expected to see Viola as a nervous wreck-the bitch should have after everything. Was it really that big of a lie?

Did [Name] truly mean nothing to her? Surely if their friendship had become real Viola would be begging for [Name] to hear her side of the story rather than feigning innocence.