Six.

F O U R   Y E A R S   A G O

Music filled the room, the soft melody bouncing off of the white walls, filling such empty space with such emotion. The room was empty, aside from herself, but the music leaked through the walls, past the door.

Her family heard the melody, and some of them paused to listen, the song too hauntingly beautiful to pass by. But no one stopped to tell her, to acknowledge the talent she has always possessed. Instead they would linger by the door, scurrying when they thought they might get in trouble.

"HEEELLLOOOOO!"

The piano keys halted.

Two brunettes broke through the door, their twin grins immediately giving the girl a headache. "Nutmeg, Allmeg, what do you want?" [Name's] voice was dry, uninviting, but the sisters didn't seem to notice (or care).

Nutmeg sat on one side of her while Allmeg took the other. "Aren't you embarrassed by that mopey music?"

"I'm sure any guy would much prefer your sweet treats rather than that depressing music~"

"Exactly! Come on sis, lets go do something more fun~"

P R E S E N T

Sweet scents lofted from the small kitchen, seeping between the cracks of the swinging door that separated the two kitchens. At first it blended in with the savoury scents, but slowly, the men started to pick up on it.

"You smell that?"

"Mmm something smells so good~"

"You think it's from that cute girl's baking?"

It was only when the men all stopped cooking, a brief pause in the kitchen's commotion, that Machvise stopped to take notice. "Hey! Get back to work, don't you dare burn those vegetables, iin." But despite the tough words, he couldn't help but let his eyes wander to the door at the back of the kitchen, curious.

It wasn't until the kitchen had calmed down, and the closing tasks began, that the highly-watched door opened. The kitchen staff stopped their work immediately, Machvise included. [Name] stood there, her hair messily tied back, flour covering her new clothes, and an unreadable expression on her face. "Tell Doflamingo that the kitchen sucks," the air stilled, "but I made some chocolate croissants and apple turnovers, you're welcome to help yourself." Machvise, with only the faintest hint of amusement on his lips, watched as she then started to walk away. After a hesitant pause, many of the cooks immediately started forward towards the baking.

A tall, smiling man was there to greet her just outside of the doors. He towered over her, but in a different way that Doflamingo did; he was thinner, kept his distance, yet something about him made [Name's] spine straighten (which felt more Doflamingo-like). Maybe it was because of the bright coloured lips and face paint that streaked his cheeks; only a very dangerous and confident man would wear such a bold look while still remain intimidating. "You must be [Name]," each word was spoken with care, "I hope that your kitchen is satisfactory." Her lips pressed while his broadened, the smile starting to reach his eyes, an indication that he had clearly heard what she had said. He started to walk, and after a hand gesture she followed him down the hall, where it would open up into the main lobby. "Being in the guest suite, you'll have plenty of time to tell Doffy just how much you hate your new work space," he glanced back over his shoulder, amusement twinkling in his eyes, "although I have a feeling I didn't have to tell you that." She tried not to smile, taking it as a compliment. As they walked into the lobby, [Name] became aware of the eyes that fell on her. Some were curious gazes from guests, probably gawking at this man's height, but most were from the staff. Clearly, he held superiority, perhaps he's even one of the right hands? Staff noticeably perked up when he walked past, diverting their gaze, or smiling harder at guests. They walked into one of the glass elevators, and the man took out a gold key, keeping it turned as he pressed the highest floor. The master suite.