Nineteen.

Authors Note:  Thank you so much for the support so far, it makes me so happy to see it and you read your comments. 

I also have Haikyuu Headcanons and Yandere BNHA canons on my profile-- please check them out if you're interested in those anime! Both have mature content. 

It was eighty-seven minutes before the car finally turned off, and [Name] no longer recognized the area. She only knew the exact time because of the clock on his dash; her phone had been turned off, now safely in Law's pocket, replaced with a stupid hard candy. That fucking devil fruit power. She knew they weren't heading to his apartment, and they certainly weren't at his work. They left the city sixty-two minutes ago. "Where the hell are we?" She grumbled, sinking into the car seat as she glanced towards the trees. They must have gone North, because that's the only place she could recall trees as dense as this.

"My cabin," he stated simply, getting out of his own vehicle.

[Name] continued to glare, the petty side of her daring him to drag her out of the vehicle. She wasn't about to make things easy for this jerk. But her rebellion was short lived as Law glanced over his shoulder; she was suddenly standing beside him, and his fingers clasped around her wrist.

"W-Wha- YOU CAN'T JUST USE YOUR DEVIL FRUIT ON ME ALL THE TIME!"

Law tilted his head away from her, looking rather annoyed, "stop yelling already, we both know this is the only way you would have come."

She yanked her grasp away and Law took a key out of his pocket, unlocking the wooden door. [Name] eyed the small cabin. It looked old, moss growing in patches on the roof, cobwebs decorating the corners of the patio roof, the wood aged by sunlight. Without thinking she complied, following Law into the dark cabin, taking in the tiny details of his secret home.

He turned on a lamp, illuminating the small place. She blinked, trying to take it all in. While the outside was dated, the inside was surprisingly well kept, almost new looking. Dark cherry wood was the main structure, the full logs peeking out between white plastered walls. The space opened up to a small living room, a basic kitchen to the right, a bathroom straight ahead, and she could see a small staircase leading to a private loft. Large book cases lined one wall, and she spotted an older stone fireplace- the only thing which looked as dated as the outside.

It felt... Warm. Cozy, and very much like Law.

Law closed the door behind himself before walking to the kitchen, opening the fridge as he offered a drink. Looking over his shoulder, she was surprised to see groceries inside. I wonder...

"Is this the place you always sneak off to?" She gently questioned, recalling all of the times Law needed a small escape. He'd briefly mentioned it to her before, but he made it clear he never brought anyone over. It was his own private sanctuary, kind of like his version of Safe Haven.

"Yeah."

Her anger dissolved at the thought, feeling a little touched that he would share this with her.

"I'll have a water, please."

Law paused, surprised to have her suddenly comply. But he grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and tossed it her way. She caught it as she settled into the soft couch, crossing her legs as she slowly opened the bottle. Law took his own bottle before going to sit in the couch across from her, his eyes wavering as he stared at the ground. He looked uneasy despite the cold shoulder he had given her the entire drive up there; sitting across from her, Law now looked sad.

Law was someone she used to feel safe with- her first friend in a life she had chosen for herself. For a brief, happy moment, [Name] only saw the man she'd grown to love- platonically of course, right? Someone she used to spend her Friday nights with, who she would joke around with, go shopping with (despite his obvious dislike for the activity), who would give her advice and support. It felt as if she were suffering a break up, her chest feeling suddenly tight and sore as she remembered how happy he'd made her.