One.

That morning, she woke up with an unsettling feeling in her gut. That morning, the sun didn't shine through her white curtains; instead she was greeted with grey clouds and a calm pattering of rain against her windows. [Name] slid out of her bed, feet falling into fluffy grey slippers, before she started her daily routine. Normally the rain made her happy, but she was only met with disappointment when, after cracking open her bedroom window, the scent didn't calm the nerves in her stomach.

But she continued on.

[Name] went to her kitchen and made herself breakfast, passing papers and books that she had left scattered the previous night, their contents waiting for her to read again. But first, coffee. And pancakes. Having only an island to separate her living room and kitchen, [Name] used the remote to turn on her television, which immediately opened up to the news. She moved the vase full of [Flowers] from the centre of the island to the side, so she had more room for her cooking ware. Her mind only lingered on those flowers for a moment, glancing at the anonymous note that were with them when delivered just the other day; To an interesting Woman~

Probably just one of her friends, messing with her.

Forgetting the flowers, she hummed as the coffee brewed, half-listening to the reporters as she started to make the pancake batter. It was when she finally poured the batter onto the hot frying pan that the broadcasters caught her attention.

"This morning two more bodies have surfaced near the coast, their bodies found in the middle of Pop's Market around seven this morning by one of the store owners." [Name] nearly dropped the damn bowl as her eyes widened. "Police are over the scene now, but so far the only details that have been released is this symbol that was left painted at the crime scene." [Name] found herself gravitating towards the screen, bumps running across her flesh as the channel flashed an image that was taken. It was a symbol of a creepy smiley face with two large black eyes, and a thick black stripe diagonally crossed through it. "This symbol is marked at the crime scenes from earlier this week, leaving the impression that all of these recent crimes are connected by the same group-" [Name] had stopped listening at this point, already running towards her bedroom in search for her phone. When she did, she nearly jumped out of her own skin, the device buzzing alive the moment she touched it.

She was receiving a call. Her voice synchronized with the caller's question.

"Hello?"

"-Have you seen the news?"

She tried to calm her shaking hands, eyes trailing back to her television screen. "I'm watching it now. Law... Do you know who they were?" He only paused for a moment, and her chest tightened. His reply was monotonous, but [Name] could hear the slight restraint.

"They have no infliction with the White Beards. They were just innocent bystanders, but..." she held her breath, "but they were just kids." She closed her eyes, shakily releasing the breath she'd held. There was a long pause.

"What sick bastard would do that to children?" She hissed, a hand falling to her stomach. She felt ill.

"I'm going to be at the site all day, so I'll tell you what I know later. It'll be a long day, so I don't know if I'll be able to have dinner tonight."

[Name] waved her hand, "oh don't worry, this is so much more important! You need to help them find out who did this, because I don't want those vermin to get away with this."

"Yeah." There was a slight pause, "hey, [Name]?"

"yes?"

Law seemed to struggle with his next words, but when he spoke them his tone had changed. "Don't leave your building today." For some reason the words gave her chills. But Law had always been a protective friend, so she awkwardly laughed in response.