Descent

Looking at the woman sat in front of him, Jimin felt nothing but resentment mixed with disgust

Such emotions that shouldn't be in a person's mind, when one looked at his own mother. But he had accepted the fact that his mother was only a child bearer for him, nothing more, nothing further.

He would never forget how she left him and his father, to be with the other man that she called 'the love of her life', and left her family without even looking back. She decided to get married with his father, made a vow for better or for worse, only to claim later that the love in the marriage wasn't enough anymore, and found another man to fulfill the void.

But he knew better.

A woman like her, would never feel sufficient with just salary from a mere bank clerk like his father.
She needed more.

So when a patient from the hospital she worked as a nurse showed interest in her, especially after he flashed his car and house in front her, she took his hand right away. She filed for divorce from Jimin's father and they got married not long after.

But what goes around comes around in the end.

The man died of heart attack three years later, so his mum had to keep her 'till death do us apart' vow after all, only with different man.
The estate that her husband left her only lasted for a few years, she was so used to the extravagant life that the man could afford for her, in the end, she turned to her son instead.

But in someway Jimin had to thank his mother for life lesson she indirectly taught him. If not because of her, how she showed her son that a seemingly innocent woman could turn into a full blown whore, he would probably ended up like his father.
Stupid, defenseless, and indecisive.

He had long tried to avoid his mother, not wanting to have anything to do with her, went as far by buying a condo in Shangrilla building at ridiculous price during the hike season of property value, where its security was probably as tight as the presidential palace, but still, his dear mother would always find a way to caught him off guard. Eventhough never in his house.

It was such a shame though, had it been in a normal mother and son relationship, people would think how sweet his mother was to regularly paid him a visit.

If only the reason wasn't because of money. In the end, it would always come down to that sacred papers.

"So, how much this time?"

He was ready with his cheque book and fountain pen. Wiring the money would have been more convenient, but he liked to stretch the waiting time before she could get her hands on it. Made her at least paid some effort.

"I'm sorry, but the doctor increase the dosage. So I will need more. I hope you understand."

"Just...how much?"
Jimin could care less about the reason why she needed the money. But, faking an illness? She was definitely on another level of illusive acting deserved an award.