Weep

"Do you like it? Sorry, it's probably not much, but

"Do you like it? Sorry, it's probably not much, but ... once I saw this, it just reminded me of you."

You almost changed your mind about giving the watch to him, a thank you gesture as well as belated birthday gift. You knew well he was rich, you had no idea what thing he possibly didn't have yet.
You just hoped the present wouldn't be too personal nor mundane.
He must have owned several from the mid and high range, you saw him alternating between different brands, -which out of your budget, so you just decided on the lower range.

He seemed like observing the watch with unreadable expression, touching the stainless chain with a kind of soft look before looked up and smiled to you.

"I like it. Not my usual dial color, I wouldn't think I like red, until now. Thank you. You don't have to give anything actually, but ..."

He clasped it and and put the watch back in the leather box.

"It will be one of my favorite."

He just picked you up from your apartment to go for dinner in a restaurant owned by his friend. It was his birthday, and since Yixing was busy with work, you practically had nothing to do. Besides, you wanted to thank him for his help to get the venue for your wedding.

"I'm glad you like it. And before I forgot, this is invitation for two people."

You took the card and handed to him.
Your wedding would be in a week, and you were hoping he could bring his fiancee to the party. All this time, the woman was still a mistery to you, he rarely talked about her.

His expression changed fast, his smile faltered once he saw the card.
The changing mood confused you and you almost thought he probably wouldn't be able to attend.

"Is there anything wrong? You can't ... come?"

He took the envelope and pulled out the silver and gold card. It was a totally different face from when he opened your gift.
There was a short quietness when he read it, before he answered.

"I'll come, but unfortunately, I will be alone."

"It's okay. You can come with your friend, more than two is okay."

"I broke up with her."

It took you by surprise, you looked at his face, which almost impassive. The break up must be recent, he never said anything about it.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, it's just that ... it's been only a week. I'm still making some adjustment of back to singlehood."

"Why did you break up with her?"

Your unintentional question got him looked at you with obvious surprise, you hastily changed the subject.

"I'm sorry, you don't have to answer if uncomfortable."

"No, it's allright."

He started the engine with eyes trained at the front, stalling for a few seconds before answering,