26. Allison's Necklace

Adrian Harris is in the Chemistry lab at night, with the lights off, erasing the blackboard. He notices a scrap of paper on his desk, which has a number of Harrises on it, the last one being his name: Adrian R. Harris. He hears growling behind him and seems to know what's lurking. "Please don't kill me," he says. The alpha asks him who wrote the list of names, and he replies that it was Laura Hale. The alpha tells him that he knows why Laura wrote the list and orders Mr. Harris to turn around. He wants him to look at what he's done.

The alpha throws a chair when Adrian won't turn, and then Derek rushes into the lab and pushes him down to cover him. The alpha makes a run for it just as the police pull up to the school. Derek runs, and the cops follow. They chase him into the warehouse district. Sheriff Stilinski calls in that they're heading northwest. As Derek runs, he gets cut off by Chris Argent and slides to a stop to change directions. Chris reports to Kate that Derek is just under the ironworks. She's a bit stunned that he's running. "If he's on foot, then who the hell is driving his car?"

Scott looks in the rearview mirror and asks Stiles if he needs to drive faster. "Much faster," Stiles confirms. Veronica nodded from her seat in the back of the car.

"Honestly. You're driving like a grandpa, and I have car anxiety."

The police release dogs after Derek. He turns and roars at them, and they give up the chase.

Stiles tells Scott that he doesn't think he's grasping the concept of a car chase. "If I go faster, I'll kill us!"

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" But then suddenly Kate diverts. Veronica turns on the police scanner to hear that Derek is heading further into the ironworks.

"Damnit." Veronica frowned.

Chris Argent shoots a flash bomb arrow near Derek, temporarily blinding him. Derek manages to hide behind a forklift, but Chris keeps shooting. Veronica, Scott, and Stiles pull up in the Camaro, and Derek dodges bullets to get in. Scott yells at Derek for not laying low. Derek yells back that he had the alpha right in front of him until the police showed up. "Well, hey, they're just doing their jobs," Stiles says, earning him a sharp look. Derek finally gripes about the fact that Scott made him the most wanted fugitive in the entire state. Veronica had made it clear to the two boys that she agreed with Derek. Scott apologies sort of and admits to making a dumbass mistake. Stiles tries to stop the shouting by asking Derek how he found the alpha.

Derek rolls his eyes, like he should trust telling them anything, and Veronica asks him to trust them for half a second. "All of us," Stiles adds, but when Derek glares at him, he decides to just sit in the back seat quietly. Derek tells them that the last time he talked to Laura she was close to figuring something out. She found two things: 1) a guy named Harris. Stiles leans forward, incredulous. "Our chemistry teacher?" But Derek doesn't know why Mr. Adrian Harris is important. The second thing she found was a symbol. Derek pulls out a sketch, and Scott recognizes it immediately as the Argent pendant that Allison has.

The next day at school, the three discuss how Scott is going to get Allison's necklace away from her. Stiles suggests talking to her and trying to ease back into a friendly relationship. "Get the necklace, get the alpha, get cured, get Allison back, in that order, got it?"

At school, Jackson walks straight up to Scott and tells him he knows what he is. Scott tries to play dumb, but Jackson isn't buying it. He tells Scott that he wants to be a Werewolf, too. Scott will get him the Bite, or he's going to tell Allison.

Scott immediately tells Stiles and Veronica that Jackson found out. Stiles asks if Jackson actually used the word, but Scott tells him the implication was pretty clear. Stiles suggests that maybe it isn't as bad as it seems because no one would believe him. Except, Scott points out, Allison's father. Stiles starts putting together a plan and asks where Derek is. Scott reminds him that it's their quarter finals game tonight and the first game Stiles will actually play in. Stiles tells Scott to just be sure he gets the necklace.

After leaving the boys Veronica was walking around the halls with Lydia and Allison,"Still nothing on Justin?" Allison asked the shorter girl.

"Nothing. But I'm not exactly looking." Veronica said. She glanced over to Lydia.

"I still can't believe that you broke up with him." Lydia said to the girl seriously. "he was good for your reputation."

"He was good for all that and a headache." Veronica said making Allison let out a giggle. Veronica looked up and seen a familiar boy down the hall,"Hey. I'll catch up later okay." she said before walking towards the boy. Lydia and Allison furrowed their brows but walked the other way. "Hey. Issac right?" she asked as she leaned against the locker.

"Wha- um yeah." he said with slight confusion. The girl smiled for a couple of seconds.

"Guess I'm getting better at names then." she said with the smile remaining on her face. "Well. I just wanted to say hi. Let you know that that's a pretty brutal black eye your sporting. I guess lacrosse is a very aggressive game." she smiled at the boy before walking back towards her class. She paused and turned around. “Hey. Would you like to hang out sometime? It might be a while before I can but-”

A smile tugged at the corners of Isaac's mouth. He nodded. “I'd like that.”

Veronica bit her bottom lip softly as she smiled. “Good. Consider it a date.” she said. Veronica would probably mentally scold herself later for finding him cute, but she couldn't help herself. He was cute. and he was also very sweet to her.