6. Wolf Pack

After practice, Stiles dragged Veronica and Mattheo to his house and headed straight for his bedroom, where he began researching Werewolves on his computer as she sat on his bed reading some of his comics. His online search starts with articles on Lycaon, said to be the first Werewolf, and moves on to articles about wolfsbane.

Veronica reached into her bag and grabbed the grimoire. She wanted to tell Stiles but he was already so worried about Scott that she couldn't. Besides Rosalind had already told her that she couldn't tell them anything. But she could help them figure it out. She let out a sigh before stuffing it back into her bag and grabbing one of Stiles's comics.

Some time later, Stiles moves on to reading an old, battered book titled The History of Lycanthropy, before going back to the computer and searching online for articles about silver as a weakness of Werewolves. Finally, Stiles, looking concerned about what he's read so far, prints out an old sketch of a Hunter aiming a crossbow at a transformed Werewolf.

Suddenly, the sound of knocking at Stiles' door startles him so badly that he nearly falls out of his chair. Stiles thinks for a moment on what to do next, ultimately closing his MacBook and walking over to open his bedroom door. When he finds Scott in the doorway, he sighs in relief before allowing Scott entry.

"Get in." Stiles rushed. Scott walks into Stiles' bedroom just as Stiles closes the door,"You gotta see this thing. I've been up all night reading- websites, books, all this information."

Scott sets his backpack on the floor by Stiles' bed, his eyes widening when he sees all the paper covering the floor and desk,"How much Adderall has he had today?" Scott asked Veronica.

"A lot." She said, putting the comic down and moving to the end of the bed.

Stiles shakes his head before changing the subject,"Doesn't matter, okay? Just listen." Scott takes a seat on Stiles' bed next to Veronica.

"Oh, is this about the body? Did they find out who did it?" Scott asked.

Stiles is momentarily distracted by the point of summoning Scott to his house as he shares what he knows,"No, they're still questioning people. Even Derek Hale."

"Oh, the creepy hot guy in the woods that we saw the other day?" Veronica asked.

"Yeah!" Stiles said proud that his friends remembered. Just then, Stiles remembers what he was trying to tell Scott, Mattheo and Veronica, "Yes. Wait hot? But that's not it, okay?"

Scott frowns in confusion,"What, then?"

"Remember the joke from the other day?" Stiles looks nervous about what he's going to say next, which only gets worse when Scott shakes his head, not knowing where Stiles is going with this,"Not a joke anymore. The wolf, the bite in the woods... Anyways I started doing all this reading."

Stiles stands to his feet, already sidetracked from his original point,"Do you even know why a wolf howls?"

"Should we?" Scott asked glancing over at Veronica.

"It's a signal, okay?" Stiles said before getting interrupted by Veronica

"When a wolf's alone, it howls to signal its location to the rest of the pack."

Stiles looks at her mixed with admiration and shock as she rambled for another two minutes, shaking his head before continuing about a wolf and it's pack,"So if you heard a wolf howling, that means others could have been nearby. Maybe even a whole pack of 'em."