10. Wolves Bane

Veronica, not wearing Stiles's jacket anymore, her brother, Scott, and Stiles walked to the side of Derek's house. Shovels in hand as they were about to discover what Derek was hiding. She looked up at the familiar house. The burnt walls suddenly put a memory into her head. Veronica stood, held back from her father as she watched the house with her mother, her family in it burn. She was screaming and crying wanting to get to her mom. But he wasn't letting her.

    "Wait..." Scott said stopping his two friends,"Something's different."

    "Different how?" Stiles questioned him.

    "I don't know... Let's just get this over with." Scott said to them pushing the thought out.

    "This is taking way too long." Veronica complained laying on her back after many excruciating hours later. 

Mattheo put his head up and looked at her,"It would go faster if you would actually help us."

    "Just keep going." Stiles said to her as she sat back up and sent him a pouty look,"Keep going."

    "What if he comes back?" Veronica asked him.

    "Then we get the hell out of here." Stiles said turning to her as she let a yawn escape her lips.

    "What if he catches us?" Scott asked as he looked at Stiles expectantly.

    "I have a plan for that." Stiles said to him.

    "...Which is?" Scott said pushing the answer out of him.

    "You and Mattheo run one way. Ronnie and I run the other. Whoever he catches first? Too bad." Stiles said to him.

    "I hate that plan." Scott said as Stiles came across something.

    "Says the werewolf." Veronica mumbled under her breath.

    "Oh, stop, stop, stop." Stiles said to them.

    "Hurry!" Scott said impatiently as Stiles began trying to untie the ropes.

    "I'm trying. Did he have to tie the thing in, like, nine hundred knots?" Stiles complained.

    "I'll do it." Veronica said to him before pulling out a pocket knife and cutting the ropes,"Ew."

    "...What the hell is that?" Stiles said looking down at the body.

    "It's a wolf." Scott said it him.

    "Yeah, we can see that. I thought you said you smelled blood, as in human blood?" Stiles said to him sarcastically.

    "I told you something was different..." Scott said to them shruggedly.

    "This doesn't make sense." Veronica added,"We gotta get out of here."

    "Yeah. Okay, help me cover this up." Stiles nodded before Veronica looked up at a flower. Her head tilted slightly knowing that she had seen it before.

    "What's wrong?" Scott asked her cautiously. 

     "You see that flower?" Veronica asked still looking at the flower.

    "What about it?"

    "I think it's wolfsbane." She said looking towards them, she stood up.

    "What's that?" Veronica frowned at Scott's comment.

Stiles scoffed at his friend as well, "Uh... haven't you ever seen The Wolf Man?"

    "No." Scott answered impatiently.

    "Lon Chaney, Junior? Claude Rains? The original, classic Werewolf movie?" Stiles asked the two.