9. Bad Dreams

Veronica was walking down a long dark hallway. At the end of the hallway stood a door that was slightly opened. Veronica walked forward curiously. The room was glowing bright red and then screams began to erupt from it, jumping into immediate action Veronica began sprinting towards the door. She had pushed the burning hot black door open and ran inside the room.

Flames burned at every point in the room, Veronica had covered her eyes from the hot brightness.

    “Veronica!” A familiar voice called out, it was a voice she hadn't heard since she was six. She had whipped around, and there surrounded by the fire stood the very young and confused Michelle Navarro. Her hair had fallen just below the waist, her lips were chapped and parted just slightly. There was a slit in her right eyebrow as though it had always been there. Her eyes were bright green and she stared at her daughter in shock.

    “Mom?” Veronica's voice was quite and hopeful. She began rushing to her mom but was interuppted by a burning piece of wood falling down and landing on the woman.

Veronica had woken up with a jolt. She had wiped her sweaty forehead on her before turning on her fan. Though she didn't go back to sleep she laid on her bed enveloped in her duvet cover for hours.

When Veronica began getting ready for school, she heard her aunt knock on her door.

   “Vee? Can i come in?” Her sister has asked.

   “Um, yeah. Of course Tía.” Veronica smiled as Selena opened the door. Veronica looking at herself in the mirror as she wore a black celestial dress. Slipping on her dove necklace before grabbing Stiles’s letterman jacket off her bed.

    “Stilinski’s kid huh?” Selena smiled at the jacket.

    “What? Stiles? No we don’t like each other.” She said to her aunt trying to hide her soft smile,“Strictly platonic.” She said to herself awkwardly.

    “Are you trying to convince me or yourself that sweetheart.” Selena said as she put her arms on her shoulder.

    “You. I don’t have feelings for my best friend. I don’t even like anyone.” Veronica said to her,“Nobody.” She sighed.

    “Yeah sure, sure. What about Melissa Mccall's boy?” Selena suggested.

    “Tía! Get out!” Veronica said shocked at her aunt trying to interfere with her relationships.

    “You’re gonna be late for practice if you don’t leave like 5 minutes ago.” Selena called out to her. 

    “No practice today.” she said,“Thank God.”

Veronica was walking in the school hallway looking for Lydia or Allison or Stiles. No sign of their other friends, Scott was right next to her, since the first class ended. Veronica had tried to follow Allison after French class but she had left quickly.

    “Hey, come here.” Stiles called out to the two from across the hallway. He, of course was with Mattheo.

    “What?” Veronica said her and Scott walking over to him frowning.

    “Come here guys” Stiles says waving the two over urgently before pointing at his dad, Veronica's sister and the principal putting his hands on Scott shoulders,“Tell me what they're saying. Can you hear 'em?”

    “I want everyone under the age of eighteen to be in their home by 9:30PM. We'd like to institute the curfew, effective immediately.” Sheriff Stilinski said to the principal as Scott listened in on the conversation.

    “Look, we don't-” The principal started to say.

    “Curfew because of the body.” Scott sighed.