Again, I nodded my understanding, and although she looked unsure, there was determination in her eyes.

Good. She'll need that confidence and determination if she was going to be able to get a girl who had no idea what was going on, and a girl who was stuck in her own head out of danger without my help.

I gave her a pat on the shoulder, and she gave me a soldier's salut before slamming the door close and driving off, right to the direction of where we came from.

Why?

Because they would never think that we were driving towards them. The Irish are enough idiots to think that we would try to get as far away from them as possible, not the other way around.

It was risky, but it was a risk I was willing to take for the sake of the people I care for.

~

- A m a r a  R u s s o -

I felt the adrenaline wearing off, and I desperately tried to pull it back to no avail.

'Stop,' the voice hissed at me, 'We'll help you.'

With those words, I immediately stopped pulling at the already taut string.

'Good,' the voice let out a sigh of relief as I felt the world spin around me.

"Wh- where are we g-going?" I whispered, voice hoarse.

"Somewhere safe." the lady muttered, "Don't worry, Amara. I won't let any harm come to you."

I nearly snorted out loud. 

She won't let any harm come to me? How the fuck was I supposed to believe that? Not even my bro-

The voices hissed.

Not even the Russo's tried to save me, their own blood. How the fuck is this random lady that i don't know supposed to save me if not even the people I used to care about didn't?

"I know you don't believe me," the woman murmured quietly, "But your brothers didn't come for you for a reason, and it's not because they don't love you."

White hot anger boiled inside of me at her words.

They didn't come for me because they love me? What type of bullshit explanation was this?

'Liar.' the voice growled, and I agreed. 'She's just trying to make you believe that they love you so that they can manipulate you just like before. Don't trust her.'

I zipped my mouth shut, and looked out the window even as my temples pounded painfully. It was as if my brain was trying to get itself out of my skull with the way it was hurting.

"Can you please check on Rosy?" the lady murmured, "I need to make sure that she's still asleep."

Assuming that she was talking about the girl, I leaned over to see the young girl still sleeping quite peacefully, may I add. She was only a few years younger than me, but her height and baby face made her look much younger than she actually was.

"Is she still sleeping?" the lady asked, and I nodded mutely, sagging back into the chair as I tried to sooth the onslaught of agony erupting in my head.

"Alright," she murmured, and I frowned.

I still didn't know her name.

"The name's Alicia, by the way." she piped up as if she knew what I was saying.

"Mmm," I hummed my understanding, using my pointer and middle finger to rub circles near my head.

The electricity had really fucked with my brain, that was for sure.