Hot Sauce

Yuna and Tyrell arrived in the dining hall just as Joe and Albert did. Tyrell and Albert exchanged nods with one another while Yuna and Joe both gave the other a nervous look. Joe, because he did not know if she was still mad, and Yuna, because of the revelations she had learned and the promise she had made to Tyrell. Albert was the first one to break the silence. "Will the queen be joining us for dinner this evening my lord?" Albert asked.

Joe paused, normally he would just give an order and that would be the end of it. Now he had to weigh his decision, if he volunteered Yuna it may cause her to hate him more. He, however, really wanted to dine with his new wife, so as he pondered his dilemma, he stood there speechless.

"Yes." Yuna said. "I will be joining the king for dinner this evening, that is if it is okay with him." Yuna looked at her new husband, she could tell he was lost in his thoughts. Hearing her words surprised him, he never thought she would be the one to answer.

"Yes!" Joe said quickly. "You may have any dish you desire; I will have the cook prepare it right away."

Yuna thought to herself as they made their way to the table. Joe sat at the head of the table with Yuna sitting at his right. Tyrell and Albert sat a few chairs down. After they had been seated Yuna decided on what she was going to ask for. "I want you to pick out my meal, Joe." Yuna said with a smile. She thought this would be a great opportunity to test him.

"I have the chef prepare that..." Joe paused. "Wait did you say you wanted me to decide for you?"

"Yes." Yuna said, still smiling towards her new husband. "Please pick out something I will enjoy."

Joe got lost in his own thoughts. 'If I pick out the wrong thing, she will hate me, but if I pick out the right thing, she may like me more. Think Joe, what was in her memories, what was her favorite food. Why can't I remember what it was.' Joe looked back at Yuna, still smiling. 'Oh no she is still smiling; she expects me to get this right. Okay, deep breath. You got this.' Joe finally decides to man up and place the order. The chef was eagerly awaiting his command. "My queen shall have tacos with a side of salsa and chips. As for me I shall have the same, I wish to try this dish."

"Very well my lord." The Chef said. "What kind of taco would the lord and lady prefer? We can make one of dragon, cow, or chicken."

'Oh no!' Joe thought to himself. He could not believe he was blindsided by another difficult decision so quickly after he solved the first one. He sat there quietly while he thought. Everyone's eyes were upon him as he thought. "Please bring us both an assortment of all three so that we may sample all of the flavors." Joe answered. 'Nailed it! If you cannot decide on one, go for all of them!' He thought.

"I love tacos." Yuna said. "I can��t wait to try them. What kind of hot sauces do you have?"

"Chef?" Joe asked. "If we do not have a hot sauce make sure that we do." He whispered to the chef. "Failure to have one will be unacceptable." He glared at the chef as he finished his whisper. After that he turned his attention back to Yuna. "We have only the best, I just confirmed with the chef."

"That's good." Yuna said. "Nothing beats a good hot sauce."

After those words, a silence fell upon the room as Yuna waited for Joe to try and start a conversation. Joe was simply happy to have his new wife with him and did not realize everyone was waiting on him to pick a topic to discuss. Sensing his lord was unaware of the situation Albert spoke up to assist. "My lord, I hear that the waterfall in the forbidden forest is quite beautiful this time of year."

'Oh right! Dating!' Joe thought to himself. "Yes, thank you Albert." Joe replied. "My queen, would you do me the honor of accompanying me on a date to those falls. I wish to partake in their magnificence and would like to share the experience with you."

Joe waited for a response. Everything second that Yuna did not answer filled his heart with despair. "I have a question first." Yuna replied. "Why is it called the forbidden forest?"

"The forest is filled with all manner of dangerous creatures, such as dragons, and the like." Joe replied. "You have nothing to fear from any of those things as long as I am with you. They are nothing compared to me."

"I will come with you." Yuna replied, trying her best to give Joe a chance. "But I would like Tyrell and Albert to come along as well, for extra protection. If we can take Elvin as well, I would like that. She comes from a forest and I imagine she would love to see this one."

"I see no problem with those conditions." Joe said, he was beside himself that Yuna agreed to go with him. 'Maybe she doesn't hate me after all!" He thought.

The chef returned with their tacos and placed them in front of them. Tyrell and Albert ordered the same, as they were also curious about what a taco was. The chef then placed a bottle of freshly made hot sauce by Yuna. "Oh, hot sauce!" Yuna cheered. She picked up the bottle and poured some on her tacos. After she put the bottle down, Joe decided he would try the hot sauce as well. He did as Yuna did and poured the hot sauce on his tacos.

Yuna took her first bite of her beef taco, she was unsure about the dragon and liked beef more than chicken. She loved the flavor; the mix of spices and the bite of the hot sauce was perfect in her mind. "This is so good!" She announced after she swallowed her food.

Joe followed suit and took a bite of his beef taco as well. He liked the flavor as well, however when the unfamiliar flavor of hot sauce hit his tongue, he had a quite violent reaction. He shouted out in pain and grabbed his drink. After guzzling down his beverage the burning sensation did not cease. "This is so spicy!" He said.

Yuna found Joe's reaction to the spice to be adorable and could not help herself, she laughed. "Joe it will be okay. Chef can you bring Joe some bread or milk please."

"Right away." The chef said as he left for the kitchen.

"Is this your first time eating spicy food Joe?" Yuna asked. "I found it to be perfect for me, but I have a very high tolerance for spice."

"Yes." Joe said, still in pain. "Why would you eat something that causes so much pain."

"Well it doesn't hurt after you get used to it." Yuna said.

The chef entered the room again holding a loaf of bread. After he handed it to Joe, Joe consumed it immediately to try and find relief. His tongue felt better after the bread. "Chef I hate to trouble you, but could you make me a fresh batch of tacos, I am unable to eat the ones I put hot sauce on."

"Right away my lord." The chef said as he headed back to the kitchen.

The four of them enjoyed their meal together and after it was over Yuna excused herself. "I need to go visit Elvin now, she needs to see me." Yuna said. "Please tell me when you would like to have that date Joe. I think we could have a picnic while we are there. It could be fun. I have never been to a waterfall before." She said as she left the room headed to Elvin's room. Tyrell left after her, following her from a distance as she had requested.