Lost in the City

Yuna takes her hands and slaps her cheeks. "Ouch!" She shouted as her hands impacted her. "Why did I think that was a good idea." She sighed to herself. "I was hoping it would snap me out of this depression I am feeling and help me make up my mind of what I am doing." She stopped talking for a moment. "Oh god. I am talking to myself. I'm going to the guild." Yuna then got out of her bed and left the room. "What room was that elf girl in again? Oh, right I remember." With that Yuna was off to visit her new acquaintance. When Yuna arrived at Elvin's room she knocked on the door. "Elvin you in there? I am ready to leave for the guild now."

The door opened and Elvin came out into the hallway where Yuna was standing. "Okay then let's get a move on." Elvin said with a smile. "Follow me, I will show you the shortest way to the guild." Elvin marched out of the Stampeding Mongoose with confidence and Yuna followed her out.

Peter watched as they left. "Was that Elvin that the new girl was following?" He asked himself. "Well, good luck new girl. You're going to need it." Peter then turned his attention back to his bar and his customers.

Elvin leads Yuna through the city in a perplexing pattern. Yuna could not understand all the twists and turns they were taking just to go to the guild. She was worried that she would never be able to master such a difficult route. Still she paid attention to her surroundings and close attention to the details around her. Her spy training taught her that one of the most important things for a spy to know, is their location at all times.

Finally, Yuna began noticing the same buildings and landmarks and decided to speak up. "Elvin?" She asked. "Are you sure that this is the right way to the guild? I feel like we have been traveling for a long time."

"Elvin just stopped in her tracks and tears welled in her eyes. "I'm so sorry!" She yelled as the tears flowed. "I got lost and I thought I could find my way out but then I just got more lost. I don't know where we are anymore."

"It's okay look let's just think about this calmly." Yuna said. "I have been keeping track of where we were going, so I think we can go back the way we came."

"Really?" Elvin wiped the tears from her eyes. "Your so dependable Yuna, on your first day too! Look at me I have been here three years and I still get lost so easily."

"It's nothing really." Yuna explained. "Let's just head back the way we came and..." As Yuna turned around two large imposing men were standing there blocking their path.

"What's this then?" One of the men asked. "Did some little birdies wander into our territory."

"It sure looks like they have." The other man spoke up. "What pretty little birds they are too."

"Three." Yuna said with a stern look on her face.

"No little bird, there's only two of us." A man replied. "Unless you are saying you want to be our third."

"Why wouldn't she just say that?" The other man explained. "Seems unproductive just to say one word."

"Two." Yuna said her face was still devoid of emotion.

"See now she said two, I think they is counting down." The who was explaining earlier said.

"Counting down to what?" The other man asked.

"One." Yuna said. Shortly after counting down she reared her leg back and kicked one of the men square in the testicles. The other man looked on in horror, however by the time he reacted Yuna had already reset and was able to kick him as well. Both men fell down to their knees. Yuna walked up between them and chopped them both at the base of their neck, rendering them unconscious.

"So dependable!" Elvin screamed. "I couldn't even move. I was so scared. How did you react so calmly?"

"Men in my world are always harassing the fairer sex." Yuna explained. "I always count down from three before attacking. I have been trained in combat by the best in my world, it would be unfair if I just attacked."

"I see!" Elvin explained. "What's your world like?"

"Well I suppose I can tell you while we walk back to the inn." Yuna said. "My world is a technological one, we have buildings that touch the sky, cars, trains, ships, planes, you name it we got it. There is not a problem on my planet that we haven't solved with science."

"Oh, and do you know how to use this science?" Elvin asked. "Is that why you were brought here."

"No, I am not a scientist." Yuna explained. "I am going to be honest with you Elvin, I was summoned by mistake I should even be here."

"Did the King tell you that?" Elvin asked. "That seems unlike him."

"No, the King said the summoning doesn't make mistakes." Yuna explained. "But it had to, I made it make a mistake."

"But you are so dependable Yuna." Elvin pleaded. "It is amazing what you just did. Those men were huge, and you took them out like they were nothing at all. I would have been helpless back there."

"Didn't you say you can use magic?" Yuna asked. "I would think magic would have given you quite the advantage there."

"I can only use nature magic." Elvin explained. "In a city like this I don't have any power at all."

"Wow, I had no idea." Yuna said. "But look remember how I said I worked for that intelligence agency?"

"Yes, I remember." Elvin said.

"Well, I wasn't a field agent." Yuna replied. "I was an agent yes, but I was an office worker, I never went into the field."

"What is an office worker?" Elvin asked.