Dinner with the Demon Lord

"What kind of question is that?!" Yuna said while still on the floor. "You can't just ask that out of the blue." She said as she got back in her chair.

"I did not mean to offend." Joe said. "I was just trying to find out more about my new wife."

"I guess we are married now." Yuna softly said to herself looking again at the ring etched onto her finger. "No. I am not."

"Good!" Joe shouted.

"What? Don't most men want to marry a virgin?" Yuna asked in confusion.

"I just only wanted to know what kind of person you were." Joe said. "I really don't care about your sexual experience level."

"How can you tell what kind of person I am by asking me a question like that!" Yuna shouted.

"If you had said you were a virgin, that meant you were one who thought about purity and other nonsense things." Joe explained. "Or you could have lied and said you were to try and please me, since in your mind men prefer virgin women. But you told me the truth, the fact you are not a virgin. This lets me know you are an honest person who does what she wants and doesn't let things like tradition or other people's morals get in her way."

"You got all that." Yuna said. "From that perverted question."

"Why yes, is there anything you wish to ask me?" Joe said. "It is a common custom to exchange questions during a conversation I am told."

"Wait, are you new to having conversations?" Yuna asked.

"An interesting question." Joe said. "Wouldn't have been my first choice. But to answer the question, yes. Being at the pinnacle of power everyone has always spoken to me in reverence as their undisputed lord of all. Even my own sister gives me this treatment. I have never had anyone try to speak to me as if they were my equal. They always fall to their knees and beg for my grace. I have tried to have conversations with them, but their every response is always a variation of yes, yes my lord, or right away my lord."

"Wow, that is actually kind of sad." Yuna said. "But you weren't always the demon lord, right? You were a child once, surely your parents spoke to you in a parental manner at least."

"Oh, two questions." Joe said. "And here I thought it was my turn to ask one. That's fine I will answer this question as well, but I get to ask you two in a row next. Agreed?"

"Of course." Yuna said. "Seems fair, beside I really want to know."

"When I was born the mana within my body far exceeded any demon past or present." Joe explained. "My father, who feared one day I would bring his ruin, cast me out. He dropped me from the highest cliff in all the land. I survived however, lived on my own and grew up on my own. Finally, when I became old enough, I made my way back to my father's castle. I learned they had a new child, my sister. I still took my revenge on my father and mother though, for what they did to me. Ever since then my sister has referred to me as the demon lord, and treated me as her master. I understand that though since we had no kinship growing up."

"Wow." Yuna said. "That story was surprisingly dark. "I have so many more questions. It is your turn to ask though, so please ask."

"Well, I just told you about my childhood." Joe said. "Seems fair that I should ask you about yours. So how did you grow up?"

"Well, I didn't have a normal little girls' childhood." Yuna explained. "At the age of twelve I was recruited to join an intelligence agency. They recruited children so that they could indoctrinate their way of life and culture into them. Every day after that was a blur. Each day had combat training, mental fortitude training, for the women seduction training, as well as a traditional education so that we would not be any less intelligent than our peers. You can't be an effective spy if everyone thinks you're too dumb to tell you anything. Eventually I grew up and was granted an assignment. I was to be an agent handler, all of my hard work growing up amounted to nothing. I was destined to a life of office work. I did discover my comics and games though. I had joy for the first time after discovering them."

"That is quite the tale." Joe said in response. "Both of us appear to have had rough childhoods. My next question is this. How does it feel to have void mana? I mean to you personally, because I know how it feels to me, but I would like a human's perspective."

"Odd question." Yuna said. "Okay, well it just feels weird. Mana wasn't a thing in my world. We didn't have any magic at all. Ever since I took that magic test and gained these purple eyes, I have just felt weird. It is really hard to explain. It is like there is a raging fire inside my body. I can feel it burn and I can hear its roar, but I do not feel the heat. I know that probably doesn't make any sense but that is the best way I can describe it."

"No, I would say your description is accurate." Joe said. "It seems as if you only cracked the door to your power. Hopefully my sister's training will be able to bring it out of you. You may even live up to your title of demon queen."

The chef then entered the room carrying their meals. He carried them on covered silver platters. He sat them down in front of Joe then Yuna and opened them up to reveal the meals. Joe's meal was a giant chunk of meat, it looked similar to a beef steak, only much larger. He surprised Yuna when he revealed hers. It looked just like her favorite burger restaurant back in her world. The way the bread looked, the amount of lettuce, everything was exactly the same as her favorite.

"How did you do this?" Yuna asked. "It looks just like my favorite burger." She then picked it up and took a bite. To her surprise the taste was exactly the same as well. After she swallowed, she continued. "You even matched the flavor! HOW?!"

"Oh, that's because we got the recipe from one of your memories." Joe said.

"You did what now?" Yuna said while giving Joe a stern look.