Yuna's Judgement

"What was that?" Tyrell said as she stepped through the hole in the wall. "Are you alright my queen?"

Yuna snapped back to her senses. She was unaware of what she just did. All she saw was a hole in the wall, an unconscious succubus and Tyrell walking towards her. "I don't know what happened." Yuna said. "That woman was trying to kill me, and I yelled at her to stop. At least I think that's what I did, I kind of blacked out."

"I am sure the demon lord told you that there would be female demons who would try and kill you." Tyrell explained. "He already informed me that we should begin your training. Judging by this incident I think it best if you stay in my room with me. No one will dare attack you while I am near you."

"Tyrell, tell me," Yuna said, "did you knock out the succubus?"

"No, my queen." Tyrell answered. "That was all you. By the look of your eyes, after the event, I would say that it was some of your void mana dwelling within you."

"Why don't I remember it then." Yuna said softly to herself. She looked directly into Tyrell's eyes. "So, you said I should sleep in your room?"

"I think that would be the safest option." Tyrell said. "Of course, you are also welcome to share the room with your husband. I am sure the demon lord would love you to join him."

"I am sure he would." Yuna laughed. "What about Elvin? Is she safe? Is some demon going to try and kill her for her status?"

"What status would that be, my queen?" Tyrell asked. "If I had to say your elf friend had a status it would be that of a pet. No demon would kill to have such a lowly standing."

"Wow, that's horrible." Yuna said. "At least she is safe though." She sighed.

The demon lord and Elvin popped their heads through the hole in the wall. "Is everything alright?" Joe asked. "We heard yelling, followed by an explosion."

"Your servant tried to kill me!" Yuna yelled.

Joe turned around and looked at the unconscious succubus on the ground behind him. "That low-level demon tried to kill my queen? The fool. She is not on the same planet when it comes to strength."

"What would you like me to do with the succubus, my lord?" Tyrell asked.

"Well, after what happened I doubt she would try it again." Joe laughed. "I am not the one who should decide their fate anyway. Let her judge be the one who was wronged."

Tyrell then turned back to Yuna. "My queen, what is your command for this foolish weakling?"

"You want me to decide?!" Yuna shouted. "You cannot be serious."

"No, I am very serious." Joe said. "I would like to know what my queen would do. Your decision will let me know more about you."

"Let me ask you this," Yuna started, "How well are succubi at fighting? Are they better than your average hero? How would you rank them in combat prowess?"

"Compared to us they are but pebbles before an ocean." Joe said. "They are stronger than an average human, and succubi are extremely adept when it comes to controlling men."

"I have decided on her punishment." Yuna said. "She is to protect the goblin village in the west with her life. Those goblins were extremely nice to me and I would like to ensure that the humans nearby do not cause them harm."

Joe became teary eyed hearing his new wife's verdict. "You chose to help the demon race, as opposed to your own vengeance." He cried. He jumped across the rumble and picked Yuna up with a hug. "I am so happy right now."

"My lord." Tyrell interjected. "You may wish to put her down. We do not know what causes her power to lash out. I doubt she would be able to injure one as yourself, but the backlash of such an attack may cause her harm."

Joe put his new wife down and patted her on the shoulders. "I am sorry for hugging you without permission." He said. "I just couldn't help myself! I was so happy. Tell me why did you decide what you did?"

"You don't waste resources." Yuna sighed. "It was drilled into my head in the academy. There is no such thing as unlimited resources. You must be able to utilize every available resource, always. If I killed her there would be no purpose, it would be wasteful. So instead of that, I will use her to fulfill a need. Now her punishment will not be a waste and some friendly goblins will get much-needed aid."

"Oh great." Tyrell sighed. "Now there are two people who think like the demon lord."

"What?" Yuna asked. "Please explain what you mean by that."

"The demon lord would have come up with a similar punishment." Tyrell sighed. "He is always thinking of ways to better the race for the greater good."

"But Hannibal..." Yuna said.

"Yes, that fool died." Tyrell said. "What you don't know is that was the sixth time he disobeyed our lord's orders. Even our patient lord has his limits."

"So, he didn't just execute his man from one mistake?" Yuna asked.

"I would never!" Joe said. "Everyone deserves a second chance, or five extra chances as it were for Hannibal. I just couldn't tolerate his insubordination anymore, so I had to kill him."

The succubus stirred on the ground as she regained her senses. "Ugh, what happened?" She said as she grabbed her head. Her eyes came into focus and she saw everyone staring at her. She immediately fell to her knees and begged for forgiveness. "I am so sorry my lord!" She pleaded. "I only desired to be closer to you, please do not kill me!"

"Your fate has already been decided, worm." Tyrell said. "The queen has made her decree upon your fate."

"The queen did?!" The succubus's face grew pale and she froze in fear. Ehe thought that this was her end for sure.

"You are to head to the goblin village to the west." Tyrell explained. "There you shall be the goblin's protector. Let no harm befall any of them. Any injury they receive shall be paid back to you tenfold. Defend that village with your life. This is a purely defensive mission so you are not allowed to attack any nearby human cities or towns."

The succubus was shocked, and amazed that the woman she just tried to kill let her survive. She popped back up to her feet only to bow before her queen. "Thank you, my ladyship." She said. "My name Melody, and should you ever require anything else from me all you need to do is ask and I shall be at your service."