Hannibal

Yuna twisted her body trying to see the markings on her back. She tried but was unsuccessful. "Do you have mirrors in this world?" Yuna asked. "Wait, duh the water." She remembered water was a reflective surface and backed up to it so that she could see the reflection of her back. The markings were between her shoulders and branched out like a tree. They covered the top half of her back. "Well that's not something I expected to see." Yuna said.

"Do you think you will be okay?" Elvin asked worriedly.

"Well it doesn't hurt." Yuna said. "I can't say I am excited about it though." Yuna then proceeded to just get dressed. As she put her clothes back on, she thought to herself, 'I really hate this leather armor and I hope I can find a new set of clothes soon. I could really go for some sweatpants.' Yuna then continued her conversation. "If I freak out over it, our cover could be blown and then we would have an entire village of goblins to contend with."

"Well we are both dry and dressed, let's go find a place to sleep." Elvin said.

The two of them left the bathhouse and found a building that they wished to stay in. The goblin leader who had been so kind continued his track record of kindness and cleaned the building out. "You can stay here high one." The goblin said.

"Thank you." Yuna said. The two then went straight to sleep as they were exhausted from the day's events. They woke up with the sun as the goblin leader banged on their door.

"High one." He said as he knocked. "I have brought you breakfast so that you may eat before you leave us."

Yuna then opened the door and thanked the goblin for his kindness once again. Elvin and Yuna then sat down and ate the breakfast the goblins had provided. It was a nice feast of eggs and bacon. At least they hoped that it was bacon. After they ate the dup said their goodbyes to the goblins and departed for the village they initially were trying to reach.

After a few hours of travel, they finally arrived at the village. It was much smaller than the capital and even the goblin village seemed to be of a higher quality. "What do you think the guild master wanted us to find here?" Yuna asked.

"I think he just wanted us to come here for safety." Elvin said. "Demons never come this far west. So, he probably thought we would be safe staying here."

"We should have just gone back to Master Marl's house." Yuna said. "I know he said to come back in a week, but with all that's happened it probably would have been a good idea to just go there."

"Well do you want to go back to Marl's?" Elvin asked.

"No, we traveled all the way here." Yuna explained. "We might as well see what this village has to offer. Besides, it would be a waste if we came all this way and just left right?"

"Yes, we should look around." Elvin said. "It is odd I don't see any people..." Elvin paused mid sentence. "We need to run Yuna!"

"What why?" Yuna asked as Elvin started running. She grabbed Yuna's arm as she passed, causing Yuna to turn and run with her. "What's going on?" Yuna was concerned she had never seen Elvin act this way. As they ran a dark figure flashed by them. Then Yuna saw him in front of them. His aura was amazing; it was as if a giant tornado of void mana surrounded him. Both girls just froze in their tracks at the sight of their adversary.

"Purple eyes." The unknown man said. "You must be the one I have been waiting for. The summoned hero with void mana. Pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Hannibal."

"You were waiting for me?" Yuna said. She was frozen in her own fear, she had never encountered an aura such as his since acquiring her sight. "What do you want with me?"

"Me?" Hannibal teased. "I don't want anything with you, my lord on the other hand commands that I bring you to him. I live to please my lord, so you will be coming with me."

"Tell me did you kill everyone in that village?" Elvin asked. "I can't sense a single person in it."

"Oh right, about that." Hannibal said. "Do you care when you step on an ant? I wouldn't think you would."

"Why?" Elvin said, her anger growing. "Why would you do such a monstrous thing?"

"Look, his lordship sent me here months ago." Hannibal said. "I have lived amongst these filthy maggots for months; you can't imagine what that is like for a supreme being such as myself. To have to bring myself down to their pathetic level. When I received my new mission of capturing your friend there. I considered my last mission complete. Since that mission was completed there was no need to keep those filthy insects alive."

"The demon lord will not be happy about this!" Elvin said remembering what the goblins had told her about the lord's decree.

"If he didn't want me to kill them, why else would he send me there?" Hannibal said. "Look I am not here for a debate. You are coming with me; I have been asked not to cause you any harm unless it is necessary. I am really hoping you make it necessary."

"You just want me, right?" Yuna said. "If I go with you will you let Elvin go?"

"If that's what gets you to come then sure." Hannibal said. "Although that is such a boring route to take. Are you sure you don't want to demand that I pay for all those people I killed and that you'll never come with me alive?"

"I might have said those things." Yuna started. "But I can see your aura, and I know that Elvin and I have no chance. So please spare her, if you do, I will gladly go with you."

"Fine." Hannibal said. He then moved faster than their eyes could see and grabbed both of the girls. He carried one under each arm. "Let's go then ladies."

"Wait why are you taking Elvin with you too?" Yuna asked.

"I said I would spare her." Hannibal said. "Didn't say anything about the demon lord sparing her though. Going to bring her to him and let him decide her fate." As he said that he started jumping across the land with giant leaps. He was on his way to the demon lord's castle.