Manifestation

"Okay today we are going to focus on drawing out more of your void mana." Tyrell shouted from across the field. "The best way to do this is by actual combat. Hopefully, your body will respond to my attacks and defend itself."

"What do you mean hopefully." Yuna shouted back

"Okay ready or not here I come." Tyrell said as she charged forward towards Yuna. She thought she would start off easy against Yuna, since she did not want to kill her new queen. As she approached Yuna she prepared to throw a punch. Yuna saw her shoulder move in a way that signaled a punch was about to be thrown. Combat training was an everyday occurrence while she was in academy. Yuna knew exactly what to do.

She spread her legs and braced herself as the punch was thrown Yuna grabbed the arm and swept Tyrells leg causing a loss of balance. In that moment Tyrell was thrown upon the ground. "Very good, my queen." Tyrell said while still on her back. "If you rely solely on your thief abilities, you will not be able to draw out your mana. I will try a bit harder. Be ready my next attack is now." As Tyrell said those words she vanished from the ground.

Yuna looked all around her and did not see Tyrell anywhere. 'The only logical place Tyrell could be would be above.' Yuna thought. Without thinking further, she leaped backwards hoping to avoid whatever attack was falling from the sky. She jumped just in time as Tyrell landed as soon as she moved. Tyrell punched the ground as she landed causing cracks to form in the stone.

"Perhaps I am going too easy on you, my queen." Tyrell said with a smile. She was impressed that her new queen had dodged two of her attacks.

"Too easy?!" Yuna shouted. "If that last attack would have hit me, I would have been dead."

"In order to bring out your mana it is essential that you feel as if your life is threatened." Tyrell explained.

"Well is it?" Yuna asked worriedly.

"Only if you don't dodge," Tyrell replied with a smile. She vanished again only to reappear in the four corners of the room at once.

"How in the...." Yuna said. "I think I saw this once in an anime. Well several of them, actually." Yuna was extremely worried. She knew that in the anime at least that a massive attack always followed the multiform technique.

Tyrell raised her hands up to her chest and faced them outward towards Yuna. As she did a ball of black fire formed at her palms. Yuna was cornered and did not know what could be done in this situation. In the academy at least she had never experienced anything close to this.

Joe looked on with terror. He was worried about his new wife and considered jumping in to save her. "If I save her, she will know I have been watching her." He said to himself. "Okay I will only save her if she absolutely needs it." Joe grew increasingly worried as the balls of fire grew in size and power.

Tyrell decided it would be best to launch the attack, if she built up any more power there would be no chance for Yuna to survive. Even if Yuna was critically wounded or burned they had the potions and magic to heal her. "Prepare yourself my queen. This is where our sparring match ends," Tyrell said as she prepared to launch her attack.

"Don't you think that this is a bit much?" Yuna shouted.

Tyrell launched her attack. The balls converged on Yuna but did not strike her. Instead they formed a massive vortex of black flames that surrounded her. The inferno reached towards the sky, so high in fact, that Joe could no longer see what was happening. This caused him a great deal of distress.

"If the flames reach her, I will step in," Joe said to himself. Trying to fight the urge to step in.

The Tyrell clones combined into one and she walked to the edge of her spell. "This is called my Black Infernal!" Tyrell shouted to Yuna. "The flames will slowly constrict. If you don't find a way to access your mana you will be gravely injured. You might even die. I forget, can humans survive temperatures in excess of two thousand degrees?"

"No, they cannot!" Yuna yelled at the top of her lungs. She could feel the heat rising inside the funnel. The heat was focused and restricted to that of the flames, for only a small amount, radiated out to warm the air. Still the temperature was rising, it was at least forty degrees hotter than it was just moments ago. Yuna began to become covered in sweat.

"Time is running out my queen! If you don't want to die you better hurry!" Tyrell shouted. She herself was extremely nervous as well. Did I use too much power? She thought to herself.

The flames inched closer and closer and Yuna was at a loss. She had no idea how to draw upon her mana, she tried to think back to that time with the succubus. To what she was feeling, to what she was thinking. When she was faced with certain death. "Okay, you can do this," Yuna said, trying to pump herself up.

Watching the flames inch closer, filling her with despair, but eventually that despair was replaced by seething rage. 'How dare Tyrell do this to me? She thought, What kind of training is this?'

On the outside of the vortex Joe was about to jump in. He leapt down from the roof and prepared to dispel the flames.

Tyrell saw him and motioned for him to stop. "You must let her do this my lord, I know that it is difficult." She said to him. As she spoke the flames reached the center and engulfed Yuna.

"Yuna!" Joe yelled as he watched the flames shrink into an orb around where Yuna was standing.

Suddenly the orbs were repelled and dispelled by an internal force, causing a great explosion of force. When the smoke cleared Yuna stood there in the charred remains of the training yard. Her eyes burning brighter than ever with the purest of purple flames. Upon her back stood a single wing of flame matching the intensity of her eyes. Her body was covered with burns from where she had been in the heat for so long. After a few moments, her eyes closed, and she collapsed. As she lost consciousness and fell to the ground the wing upon her back disappeared. Joe rushed to catch her in his arms so that she would not hit the ground.

He just held her in his arms proud that she had overcome her trail. "You did it sister!" He said to Tyrell. "You made her manifest, well halfway manifest anyway. Let us go take her to get treatment."

"Yes, my lord." Tyrell said as she followed him to the infirmary.