The Infirmary

Joe carried Yuna all the way to the infirmary making sure that no other harm came to her. As he carried her, he had a conversation with Tyrell. "Why do you think she only partly manifested?" He asked.

"I do not know, my lord," Tyrell responded. "It could be because she is still just a human? That of course is just my guess."

"Her existence makes no sense," Joe said, "she is an anomaly. On the one hand she has incredible void mana, and on the other she is but a weak human. It is hard for me to believe such a person exists, yet here she is in my arms." Joe looked down at his injured wife, "Oh, why did I let this happen to her?! I am a horrible husband. First full day of marriage and she is already on her way to the infirmary."

"You told me to force a manifestation, my lord." Tyrell said, "I only did as I was instructed. I did not mean to cause you distress. I only wish to please my lord."

"The fault solely lies on me," Joe said. "Right now, we need to treat her. That is our first priority."

"Yes, we need to get her back into fighting shape as soon as possible," Tyrell said. "Someone of her status should never show such weakness and now that she has had a manifestation, more eyes shall be upon her."

"We are here sister," Joe said as he kicked in the door. "Hello, I require medical assistance at once."

A group of lesser demons hurried over and stood at attention in front of the demon lord. One, in particular, stepped forward and spoke, "Yes, my lord. How may we humble servants, unworthy to share your air, be of use to you?"

Joe stretched out his arms presenting his broken wife, "It's my wife, she needs aid." Joe said, "Training was a bit too rough for her."

"Yes, my lord we shall handle it right away. As the head medic, I Leopold, shall take care of the matter personally," he said. "If you have any questions or demands, while we work, please call my name."

"Thank you," Joe said as he handed Yuna's limp body over to the medical team. "Please see that she is fully healed and that no further harm comes to her. Also speak to no one about this. If word gets out regarding this incident, I will be holding you all personally responsible. I will be most displeased."

"We will not fail you, my lord," Leopold said. "Everyone you know what to do!" The head medic ordered the other members of staff to take Yuna to a bed. They removed her dress and examined her injuries.

"My lord, if the queen found out that you were looking at her body, without her knowledge, she would be quite upset with you again," Tyrell said. "I will stay here with the queen. Please wait outside while they treat her."

"I wish to remain," Joe said. "I do not want to leave her side right now, at least not until I know she will be alright. This is all my fault after all. I will face the queen's wrath as long as I get to stay by her side."

"My lord, while they work on her I need to discuss a matter with you," Tyrell said.

"Go ahead and tell me sister, I will listen while I watch." Joe replied.

"It is a matter of an attendant," Tyrell explained. "If I am to serve as the queen's attendant, I can no longer serve as yours as well. I must devote myself fully to the queen and I shall not have the time to be a meaningful attendant to you."

Joe nodded his head pretending to listen. His focus was completely on his new wife. The medical staff applied healing balms on her burns and her skin began to regenerate before his eyes.

"I will send someone whom I think will serve you well, as an attendant," Tyrell said. "They shall be in your chambers this evening and will introduce themselves then."

Joe just continued to nod. He had not listened to a word Tyrell had said. Yuna's body had all but recovered from the burns, but she was still unconscious. "Leopold, is something the matter she does not appear to be waking."

"It's her mana," Leopold explained. "Her human body is having a hard time adapting to her void attribute. It is changing and shifting to adapt to its new reality. Here, let me show you what I mean by this." He then rolled the queen over to show her backside. Directly above her buttocks was a tiny bump. "I believe she is growing a tail. I have never seen a human grow a tail before, but our knowledge on humans is lacking. I theorize the more she uses her mana, the more her body will adjust."

"So, is she becoming a demon?" Joe asked.

"I do not know," Leopold said. "I have never seen an upper-class demon with a tail either. I have no idea what is happening to her. Look here as well," Leopold then pointed to the markings on Yuna's back. Whereas they used to be identical on each side now they were different. The side that the wing was on had an additional circular marking inside of it. "There has only ever been one demon with markings like this. That is, you, my lord," Leopold paused. "Tell me did she manifest a void flame wing on this side here."

"Yes, she manifested a glorious wing," Joe answered.

"Ah, that explains it then," Leopold said. "Those wings are a large exertion of void mana on the exterior of the body. For a demon being exposed to such large amounts does nothing, but for a human well it seems to change their body. In my medical opinion, if you wish for her to remain as a human you must prevent her from using her void wing again. Anymore exposure to her void magic would be catastrophic for her human form."

The Secret Agent that Married the Demon Lordजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें